6.

~kellin pov~
My mom comes home drunk Sunday evening and by the time she passes out I'm on my bedroom floor, bleeding and numb. I would usually cry and get drunk right now, but suddenly I don't want to. I want to get out of here. I want to see Vic.

I'm definitely not thinking straight as I pull a jacket on and pocket my phone, heading for the window.

I spent one afternoon at Vic's house and honestly, it didn't go great, so I don't know why I'm suddenly drawn to go back. In fact, it's probably a really bad idea. This is opening so many doors for Vic to walk through that I need him to stay out of, but like I said, my brain isn't doing a lot of thinking.

Crawling out the window is easy cause I've done it countless times to go out and buy drugs or booze.

I realize that I left my cigarettes at home which makes me feel slightly panicky. They're always my backup if I need to calm down, but I guess I'll have to suck it up for a couple hours.

The walk feels long and my fingers are numb from the cold. The further I walk the more upset I feel.  I'm bloody and gross and I don't even know what I expect Vic to do for me. I should have stayed home and gotten trashed so I could pass out. I could still do that, I could turn around and forget this entire plan, but I know I won't.

Eventually I make it to Vic's driveway and I walk quickly down it and around the house. Thankfully his bedroom is on the ground level so I nervously reach out and tap on the window.

My emotions are rolling and crashing around inside of me when he cautiously moves the curtain aside and peeks out. His eyes widen when he sees me.

He shoves the window open and I try to crawl through it gracefully. Of course it's just my luck that I can leave my own window without a problem, but when a cute boy is watching I nearly fall on my face. He reaches out and grabs my arm, helping to steady me.

"What's going on? Are you okay?" He whispers. It's only a little after ten, so I shouldn't be waking him up or anything, but I know that the kids are definitely in bed. The house is warm and inviting, making all my walls melt and my body quickly stops shivering.

I open my mouth to talk but a sob is the only thing that escapes. I hide my face in my hands as the floodgates open and I can't stop crying.

"Hey, hey you're alright. It's gonna be okay," He murmurs, seeming unsure of what to do.

I regret not cleaning up before I came because I can feel the blood dripping from my nose, probably mixing with my tears and making a real mess.

"C-can I use your bathroom?" I ask, not even caring that it's a weird request.

"Um, yeah, sure."

He digs through his dresser and pulls out some clothes, handing them to me before showing me to the bathroom. At first I'm confused but as soon as I see myself in the mirror I understand that my own clothes are stained and disgusting.

"Let me know if you need anything."

I nod and he leaves. I lock the door and strip out of my outfit, carelessly leaving the items strewn out over the floor. I turn on the sink and cup my hands under the water, splashing my face a few times and scrubbing gently at the blood.

When I finish cleaning up I feel better. I brush my hair away from my face and put on the clothes Vic gave me. It's a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt that's so worn it's really soft.

I have a couple bruises around my wrists and up my arms so I consider putting my hoodie on to hide them, but I feel too cozy just wearing Vic's clothes right now. Who cares if he sees a couple bruises, I'll just lie and tell him they're from something else.