Chap 14- Is This Goodbye? (Part 2)

Lucy's POV

"Sting, I don't want you to go," I said.

"O-Oh." He looked sadly on the floor which made me felt bad. Since I've never seen him like this except when he talks about his dragon. He must really want to go. I can't let my selfishness get in the way of him being with someone he loves. I have to let him go.

"I'm kidding. You can go." I managed to say without any tears. Instantly his face lit up with a big smile on his face.

"Thanks Blondie!" He hugged me really tight.

"Ok. Let me go now." I said. "So when are you going back?"

"Oh, at the end of the week." He said rubbing the back of his head.

"Are you sure Rogue doesn't want to go with you. I mean you guys were almost inseparable when I first met you." I said with a worried face.

"Yeah. I mean it was his choice to stay here. I tried to convince him but he still said he didn't want to. But I bet he wants to stay here because he wants to make sure you not alone again."

"That's so kind of him."

"Yeah. I'm happy that at least you get Rogue. I mean some people just take a glance at him and they think he doesn't have a heart or something." Sting smiled.

"Well, I gotta go back to the home now. And knowing how you've always been with Yukino these past few days I bet you have to get back to her." I walked away while waving back.

Sting's POV

What did she mean by that?

Lucy's POV

I finally got home and I saw Rogue still there. "Rogue?"

"Lucy, your back...... So did he tell you?" He asked me.

"Yeah. I really can't believe he's going. I mean I always thought that all three of us could always be a team, but it looks like Sting wants to take a different path than being with us." I looked down on the floor. There was silence for a couple of moments. But Rogue broke it.

"Cry if you want." I heard him say.

"Huh?" I looked back up to him again.

"Cry. It's obvious that you're holding back your tears right now." He was right I really was holding my tears back before. I mean I was fine even though he rejected me and he was always with Yukino, but at least then we were at least able to see each other a bit. But now that he leaves, I doubt I will ever see him again. I started crying then suddenly I felt arms around me, but I just kept on crying anyway.

"I-I can-can't believ-e he would act-ually d-do this. I rea-lly don't wan-t him t-to leave." I said while crying.

"Don't worry Lucy. We might be able to see him from time to time." Rogue said trying to cheer me up.

"B-But ev-en on the l-last wee-k he was with Yuk-ino."

"Yeah but we're his best friends and nothing can ever change that."

"I-I guess." I just continued crying.

Two Days Later