06 | MEMORIES RETURN

⊱ ━━━━━━━༺♔༻━━━━━━━ ⊰

The Ashinaka school festival was drawing near and Kuroh helped prepare for it all. From the costumes to the decorations, he was a nonstop helper. Ayato didn't bother helping. Why would he? His queen didn't order him to and he'll be damned if he followed anyone else's orders willingly.

Ayato kept a close watch on Yashiro; specifically the black dog that was so eager to jump at the first opportunity to murder the very person his queen had ordered him to protect. He watched the latter for awhile before becoming satisfied that he was merely daydreaming and redirected his attention to the "ridiculous" costume he'd been forced to wear.

"Hime-chan~! Aren't I handsomer than stupid Ryuto and the better prince?!"

A young Ayato flamboyantly asked the girl clad in a light gray dress with lilac ruffles adorned with gold roses; a small tiara rested upon the long cascading waves of her hair. Said princess glanced up at him in thought as she stopped playing with the toy sword her mother had allowed her to play with.

Just before she could voice her reply, a calmer voice, contrary to his twin's, spoke and cut her off. "Don't be delusional, Aya. A princess needs a collected, strong, and someone with an actual brain to be her prince." Ryuto remarked, causing Ayato to retaliate and start another one of their infamous bickers.

[ name ] let out a soft giggle at their silly argument, causing the twins to stop mid-yelling to look at her with curiosity dancing in their mismatched eyes. "I don't need a prince! I'm going to be queen!"

"Isana Yashiro! That's enough dawdling!"

Ayato's ethereal flashback to the simpler days had been cut short by the Sebastian Michaelis wannabe. He sighed and once again redirected his attention to the boy of the hour. Only to raise a brow once he noticed the disturbed expression he hid under a strained smile. How Kuroh didn't catch that, was beyond him. Nah, he just didn't care enough.

While he looked focused on what they were talking about, the blue maned clansman's mind was actually elsewhere and he remained silently judging Isana, trying to decipher what was going on in the latter's mind.

***

Saruhiko had been staring up at the ceiling with his hands crossed behind his head, acting as a support and pillow for him to rest on. He had heard and seen everything that went on in the red king's cell. Although he wished he hadn't.

His heart swooned in delight when the female he had previously shared intimacy with began singing. Something he had wished he asked her to do the night before. Except he had left right after he was satisfied without even a goodbye.