03 | COLORLESS KING

⊱ ━━━━━━━༺♔༻━━━━━━━ ⊰

Ayato was the least bit amused as he watched the exchange between the black dog and the new 7th and Colorless King. He yawned and leaned his chin on his arms as he sat in Yashiro's desk chair.

"For the king that is accused to have shot one of HOMRA's members, you sure seem like a spineless wimp."

He voiced out his opinion shamelessly. Ayato was less composed and calm compared to his twin brother. Only using his head in actual critical situations. Other times, he relies on his brute strength and quick reflexes.

Yashiro visibly flinched and he pouted.

"I keep telling you, I don't know what you're talking about!"

He yelled out, clearly frustrated. Ayato chuckled and smirked.

"Keep telling yourself that."

He stood up and helped Kuroh set up the plates and dishes he had made. At this, Kuroh's aura grew more hostile. Ayato smirked as he noticed. His eyes seemingly glowing as he looked directly into Kuroh's own.

"Calm down dog. I'm not here to rip anybody's throats out."

Kuroh gritted his teeth and scoffed.

"Just sit down and eat."

He begrudgingly replied having found no logical words to retaliate. Ayato, Isana, and his neko soon followed. Sitting at the small table in his room that barely fit all of them.

"Oh, soy sauce please."

Isana's calm and smooth voice rang out. Kuroh's and Ayato's hands reached out for the bottle of soy sauce when they landed on the bottle at the same time. They glared at each other when Kuroh's attention was swiped by the female neko eating messily. Kuroh pulled out a voice recorder and Ayato handed the soy sauce to Isana. The three of them heard the voice of the late Colorless King for the first time.

"Show your gratitude for your meal is important."

Ayato was surprised and slammed his hands on the table.

"You keep a voice recorder too?!"

His eyes sparkled. Isana and Kuroh were surprised. Their eyes wide and lips apart. Neko could care less to be honest.

Ayato shook his head and closed his mouth, pulling out his own voice recording system.

"Trust the timing of your life. Don't rush into anything. You'll never know what you might find."