7:Secrets in the Night

"She just kicked you out like that?" Luke shouted. He diverted his attention from the road ahead of us to look over at me for a few seconds. I had just finished telling him what happened to make me pack my bags. When I told him the part about the guy who tried to force me into doing things with him I had to practically beg him not to go back there and do something I was sure he was going to regret. Even though he was a complete jerk to the girls he went out with he was almost as bad as Brandon when it came to protecting me.

"I told you, I was going to leave whether or not she kicked me out or not. It was time. Now I go apartment hunting." I turned in my seat so that I was facing the window.

"Why would you have to go hunt? Don't you want to move in with me and Brandon?"

"Seriously? I don't want to intrude on you guys. "

"It's practically your apartment too. Just do it, you know you want to," he said with a smirk.

"Maybe," I trailed off. Now that I had a job and Katie was no longer a factor in my decision making process maybe I could move in with the boys. It be a hell of a lot better than living in some dump.

"Not that I mind, but why didn't you call Brandon instead of me?"

"I didn't want to be a burden. By the way I'm surprised you answered. I thought you'd be drunk off of your ass by now."

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"Wasn't tonight Boys Night?" I asked. I turned myself in the seat so that I was facing him again.

His eyebrows knitted together, "No. We aren't all going to the club until next Saturday night. Where did you get that?"

Now I was completely confused. Why did Brandon lie about hanging out with his friends? "Um...Nowhere," I answered distractedly.

Brandon never lied. Well never to me. I felt something in my body shift and suddenly I was extremely uncomfortable.

"So wait a second. If you weren't out with the guys what were you doing up so late? Don't you have class tomorrow?" I asked. The smirk that took over his features was enough explanation for me. "Oh, sorry. And that's very gross," I added.

"It wasn't a problem. I was looking for an excuse to get out of there anyway," he said as he pulled into the townhouse complex parking lot.

"You should be careful. One day a girl is going to completely break your heart the way you break the heart of every girl you've slept with."

"Nah, that's never going to happen. You know I always hit it and ditch it," he said with a goofy smile. I looking around the dimly lit parking lot and noticed Brandon's car wasn't here. That's weird.

Luke grabbed the hockey bag from the backseat and we started to walk towards their house. When we finally made it I collapsed onto the couch. Everything was beginning to catch up with me.

"Aren't you going to Brandon's room?" I heard him ask.

"You want to watch TV don't you?" I mumbled into the couch pillow. When he didn't say anything I knew he did, he just didn't want to be mean about it. I picked up my body which felt like two tons and made my way up the stairs. I walked into Brandon's room and opened the door before sliding my shoes off by his dresser. The room was pitch black but I knew my way around enough to where I didn't need to turn on a light. I went into the third drawer and pulled out one of my tank tops and a pair of pajama shorts before putting them on.

I lifted the heavy brown comforter and stepped into the bed. Just as I got comfy I heard Luke speaking from downstairs. I got back out of bed and opened the door just a crack. I didn't mean to be an ease dropper but I was almost positive I heard my name.