6:The Big Bang

I stumbled into the house exhausted. This was the last night of my first week of work. I'd work from 10:30 am to 11:00 pm every single night. It may seem like a lot but I'd made it clear the week of orientation that'd I'd take as many hours as they'd give me. With my normal bus ending its route at nine I had to take two different ones to get here so it was around one a.m. After the chaos of Ms. Jasper's order on my first day it'd gotten better. On my breaks I'd practice every drink on the menu until I had it memorized. It took me a while but today I was able to fill an order without even checking the recipe.

All in all, the customers were for the most part polite and held sincere conversations with me and it was actually an enjoyable job. Dylan seemed to be warming up to me a bit which made everything a lot easier now that he didn't look like he wanted to stab me with the plastic utensils every time I had to ask him a question about an order.

The blasting music coming from the old stereo speakers directed my attention to the scene unfolding in the living room. Katie sat on the couch, clearly in a high with people all around her in the same state. This was the first time I'd been home since my first day. Every other night I'd been too tired to even think about taking the bus all the way here but Brandon had told me he had plans with the guys tonight and I didn't want to mess up their boy bonding time.

Instead of dwelling on the sight, I walked straight to stairs and up to my room. I threw my bag and jacket down on the ground next to the door. I flicked the light switch and began to take off my work shirt. As I began to lift it above my head I heard the door behind me begin to open. I quickly spun around to see a middle aged man stumble into the room. His dirty blonde hair stuck up in all directions and he reeked of alcohol.

"What the hell do you think you're doing? Get out of here!" I yelled.

He staggered over to me; his large hands snaked around my biceps. "Oh come on. Your momma tells you're the girl to go to since she can't pay or her 'medicine' this week," he man said in a southern accent, his grip getting tighter as I tried to pull away from him.

"Let me go," I said through gripped teeth. I tried my hardest not to let me terror slip through my voice, His hands forcibly restraining me brought back a section of the terrifying nightmares I'd tried forget. I shivered in disgust. I had to play this smart. "Oh come on. I can see you want me."

His right hand released my arm but he kept his left around my arm. His free hand began to push my shirt up my stomach; his slimy hands ran over my skin. He tried to push me back but with his drunken state I was able to escape his grasp. I hurriedly ran to my bedside table and opened the drawer grabbing the sharp kitchen knife and turning back to him to him.

His dirt brown eyes widened and he seemed to sober up a bit as he held his hands up in a surrender position. "Hey little girl, put that down. You wouldn't want to do something that'd get you in a lot of trouble," he said trying I convince me hole eyeing the knife cautiously.

"Oh I think I do. Men like you are the scum of the Earth. The world would be a whole lot fucking better off with one less of you sick bastards," I said in a calm tone. The tear that fell from my eye gave away my seemingly collected demeanor.

Before he could say anything I heard the door open behind him before in walks Katie.

"What the hell is going in here," she yelled. Her voice slurred so I knew like always she wasn't in a clear state.

My focus moved from her to the man and then back to her.

"You let another pervert into this house. Nice job parenting," I said sarcastically.

The guy took this as his cue to leave because when a blink of the eye he had disappears down the stairs.

"You bitch!" She screamed. "Every man who loves me you have to drive away! First it was my father, next Terry, and now Chad?"

I stared at her in utter confusion. I dropped the knife from my fingers, letting it fall to the floor with a clang.

"What are you talking about Katie?"

"My father loved me but the second I fell on hard times and I had to live with him all he would talk about was how I had to do better and be a judgmental ass about my decisions because of you! "You have to do better Katie, you have a daughter who depends on you," she said trying to mimic my grandfather's deep soulful voice but failing miserably. "Terry's in prison because of your lies! You know what? Do us all a favor and swallow the whole bottle of pills next time. Trust me if you lock your door this time your little friend Brandon won't be able to call someone in time," she said in a smug tone.

I stared at her in disbelief. She'd finally said it. The reason she'd treated me like the Trash of the Century for the last ten years.

"First of all Grandpa was right to be disappointed in most of your decisions in life. You screwed up all through high school so you couldn't even make it to college and then you slacked off until the first decent guy, my father, came along and you sure latched on there didn't you? When he died you didn't even care about how Grandpa struggled, trying to take care of us off of one social security check a month. All you cared about was how "mean he was to you," I said using air quotes. By this point we were standing toe to toe, too far to back down out of the conversation.

"Then he stuck by yours side even though it hurt him to see the way you lived your life until he died. That guy that just ran out of here doesn't love you. He's killing you by the minute by giving you that garbage. He doesn't love you. And Terry, seriously? You were so desperate to get from under your father's line of dissatisfaction you took the first shitty guy who looked your way. He abused me. He damaged me, and you let him! I will never feel normal because of the things I've experienced. I'm damaged goods because you put me through the fucking shredder!" Tears strolled down my eyes and I let them. I was too far gone to give a shit about how vulnerable I looked.

She stared at me for a long moment. Her eyes lit with so many emotions I'd thought she'd forgotten. Then she did the thing that I knew would happen sooner or later once I started my rant.

She slapped me across my cheek. Hard.

My neck snapped to the right as the blood rushed to my cheek. The heat radiating from my hand and he sting of touching t even slightly told me she was just as heated as I was.

Throughout the years through all the verbal and psychical abuse, being around the drugs and alcohol, and the situations I had been forced to live I'd never felt happier in my life. I had finally said all the things I had been thinking since I was ten years old and it felt amazing.

"Get out my house," she said her voice raw and hoarse.

"Gladly," I told her.

She watched as I grabbed Brandon's old hockey bag and fill it with my clothes and everything else that would fit. When I was done I shot her a smile over my shoulder before walking outbid the room and out of the house.

"Bye Katie," I said before shutting the front door. She stood there with her arms folded across her chest and steam practically coming from her ears.

I sat on the curb in front of the house and called Brandon. When he didn't answer I called Luke and told him I need him to come and pick me up. Although it was way past two he said he was on his way. Although I was technically homeless and an orphan a smile threatened to be displayed on my lips.

I was finally free from the grasp of my past and it felt damn good.

I wrote this whole thing on my phone's Wattpad so I hope there aren't too many mistakes. I'll ask my editor to take a look at it when she's avalible. So this was SUPER INTENSE and also very honest. Lily was very raw in this chapter, at least tht's how I hope it came off. Any who let me know what you guys think because even though I just uploaded not even 24 hours ago I wanted to get this written. So let me know!