4:Beans and the Bimbo

Previous Chapter Recap:

An hour later we collapsed onto my newly dressed bed. Eventually we squeezed past the awkward elephant in the room and everything was normal in the end.

My eyes began to droop from the stress of the long day. "I'm so hungry," Brandon whined next to me. I moved closed to him and felt his arm snake around my waist.

"Sleepy," I groaned.

I felt him chuckle before kissing the top of my head. "Good night, Lil," I heard before darkness invaded me completely.

*Chapter 4*

My head bobbed to the beat and I tapped my foot along to the music coming from my headphones. I was standing over the stove stirring the pasta in the boiling water. Tonight I was cooking dinner for Brandon, Luke, his “friend” and me.

I continued to stir as a pair of strong muscled arms wrapped around my waist and a heavy head rested on my shoulders.

I looked to my right with a slight smile before taking out one earplug,

“Yes?”

Brandon was sporting a major puppy dog face. He rocked us slightly from left to right. “I’m hungry. When will dinner be ready?” he said in a whiny voice.

“Why are you always so hungry?” I asked, setting the fork onto the tile counter next to the pot. I turned my body to face him but he kept his arms wrapped around me. Being a good three inches shorter than him, my face only reached his collarbone. It wasn’t that I was short by any means, I was a lengthy five feet eight inches and proud of it.

“I think I’m still going through puberty,” he joked with a chuckle. His chest rumbled next to my face.

“At twenty you’re still going through it?” I asked playfully, looking up at him. His brown hair hung messily all over his head, a spirited smile lit up his face. His eyes danced with joy and I wrapped my arms around his waist. I had to lean back a bit but the warmth that took over my body made it worth the effort.

“Freak of nature, baby,” he said before reaching beside me and snatching a garlic bread stick.

“Hey!” I yelled before uncoiling my arms from him, all the while fake scolding him.

He bit off the bread stick before walking back into the living room. Luckily I had made extra so there was nothing to be upset about.

I drained the pasta and mixed it with the sauce before setting it in a dish.

After spreading cheese over the top I stuck it in the oven to bake for some time.

I leaned against the counter, my head dipping back. It had been a long day. After yet another exhausting fight with Katie I went to the store to buy groceries for our dinner tonight. Of course it was for Katie and me but she’d made it extremely clear that she didn’t want to see my face for a few days. I packed a bag and called Brandon. He was busy at the time but came not long after.

“Hey Brandon,” I called out.

Within seconds he came back into the kitchen.