13:P.S. I Hate You

Chapter 13

I searched my surroundings; voices buzzed all around, the restaurant was busy but not crowded, cozy yet not stuffy. It was a nice restaurant with cool blue paint coating the walls, white and black decorations decorated the entire place giving it a elegant yet comfortable feeling. I however, was anything but. I sat in the cushioned seat awkwardly.Shifting back in forth I felt as if I were sitting on a bed of nails.

How did I get into this mess? Oh yes, now I remember.

**

It'd been an entire week since dinner with Brandon, Avery, Luke and Julie. Although I hadn't been avoiding Brandon completely like before it still wasn't the same. I'd call and he could only talk for a few minutes. Like clockwork after five minutes of talking I'd hear Julie's voice in the background and then within thirty seconds he'd be gone. I didn't like it, but I understood. I didn't come first anymore.

Dylan poked his head into the break room of the coffee house.

"Someone's asking for you up front," he told me before walking back up the front.

I sighed inwardly. If it was Mr. McGee again asking if her can feel how fresh my breakfast buns are one more time he'll be wearing his chai tea this morning. I walked up to the front end of the store and was surprised at the face staring back at me.

"Brandon," I said.

"Hey Lil, can you believe I haven't been here yet?" I watched as he surveyed the small shop with amazement.

"What are you doing here?" I asked once he focused his attention back to me.

"Well I was wondering if you wanted to come out to dinner tonight with me and Julie," he explained.

Dinner with Brandon and the wicked witch? I'd rather not.

"As much fun as that sounds," I began.

"Oh come on Lily, I'd love for us all to hang out again. Didn't you have fun the other night?" he inquired.

There was so much emotion swirling in those big brown eyes I couldn't help it.

"You're right," I said, giving in. "Just text me the details and I'll be there."

A smile lit up his face, his eyes shined with excitement, "Great, see you later Lil," Brandon said before turning and walking out of the coffee shop.

I sighed loudly and rolled my eyes before turning to go back into the break area.

"I'm confused," Dylan said. I jumped as I heard his voice, I'd forgotten he was standing there.

I grabbed the rag hanging from my black apron and began to wipe down the counter. "Confused about what?" I asked.

He pushed himself off his resting stance and coolly walked until he stood in front of me. "Why in the world would you agree to go to dinner when you clearly aren't interested?" he asked.

"Because you're coming with me," I said with a smile.

He chuckled lightly, "Right." He began to walk towards the back.

I hurriedly jogged to catch up with him.

"Please, please, please," I begged.

He stopped mid-stride, causing me to stop abruptly, almost hurtling into his back face first.

"No way, why would I do that?" He questioned. He stared into my eyes, giving me the chance to really look at his. The gold almost reflected off the brown flecks, they were captivating.

"Well?" He asked, clearly irritated.

"B-b-because, I'll do your mopping duties for a week?" I bargained. It wasn't much but it was pretty much all the ammo I had.

His face looked down at me with an amused expression. "I for have a problem mopping. You're the one that always asks me to switch with you," he countered.

"What would you want then?"

His forefinger tapped his chin a he looked off, as if he were trying t come up with something. Some evil and terrible no doubt.

"I'll do it. But when I come to collect my favor I want no questions asked, no buts, and no take backs," he finally answered.

Just as I was about to answer the bell above the front door could be heard. Someone would soon need assisting.

"Yes, thank you so much! I'll let you know all the details when I have them." I threw myself into his arms. I could tell he was shocked because he froze up an didn't move. I quickly ran to the front and greeted the customers.

-

-

"Ave, I'm not so sure this is a good idea," I confided. I was nervous... as hell. Something about Julie made me uncomfortable.

A/N

Guess who's a high schoo graduate!! That's right, I did it! I tell you, after 4 long hard years I finally made it. June was my graduation and I know your like "and the first time you update is in august?!" But yes... This summer has been eventful with my job, family things, and of course you can't forget the problems those beautiful monsters we call boys bring us.

Anyway.... I updated! I'm feeling very happy this morning if you can't tell but please

Vote

Comment

Share

More updates & new stories very soon

XOX,

heartsandlove