29

Shawn POV

Moving into our new house was a success. It has plenty of bedrooms which included the nursery for the twins which is finally complete, the master bedroom, Ryan's room and a couple of guestrooms.

Beyonce's Ivy Park is great and she's mostly working from home because she's on maternity leave. Ryan and I are closer than ever before and Beyonce's family is always in contact with us. Our relationship with them is better than before. All is well.

Just one problem though. Beyonce's mood swings are fucking annoying. One minute she's mad and the next she's excited and feeling on me. One minute she's kissing on me and the next she don't want me near her and she's threatening to jump me. I always call August and get his advice on how he survived when Nicki was pregnant.

"Good morning my queen," I greeted Bey as she waddled her way into the kitchen as I made breakfast for us. Ryan ain't home because he went to a sleepover and he'll be back in the afternoon.

"Hi," she dryly said as she sat on one of the kitchen stools.

Why is she so grumpy so early in the morning? All I did was greet her.

"You sleep okay?" I asked as I handed her a plate of waffles and sausages with a glass of OJ.

She shook her head. "Baby boy and baby girl were up all night doing gymnastics in my belly," she said rubbing her belly. She's now almost nine months pregnant and she looks like she's finna pop anytime now.

"Just two more weeks my love," I went to her and rubbed her belly. "I see y'all are excited that you're gonna see the woman that carried you for nine months. I would too, she's amazing," I looked down at her belly and kissed it.

"Gimme a kiss handsome," she said and I pecked her lips. "What are your plans for today?"

"I plan on taking you out for lunch. Its gonna be a family thing," I said then I took a bite off her sausage. "Mmm, this some bomb ass sausage. I should really become a chef."

"Chef? No offense but Ryan is a better cook than you," she said.

I sucked my teeth. "That doesn't count. Ryan is a smart boy and a quick leaner. He grasps things easily when he watches those cooking shows," I said. "I'm so proud of my boy."

"We should really get him something to show him how much we appreciate him," Beyonce suggested.

That isn't a bad idea. I can get him clothes, new kicks or maybe new toys.

"Let's get him a microscope," she said.

"A microscope? Now why would we give him such a boring ass gift?" I crossed my arms. "If that boy wants to see things up close he should just take a pic with his phone then zoom in."

"Let's get him a drone. He's always playing with Julez drone so he'll have no problem flying it," she said.

"We should do that. It should have a camera because Ryan told me he'll like to see things from a birds eye view," I said. "We'll get him a drone. I'll also throw in some clothes and cool new kicks.

"Don't over do it. You spoil that boy too much. I don't wanna raise no ungrateful, spoiled child," she said and she ate her waffles.

I raised my hands up in defense. "I won't okay? I promise," I smiled at her.

Beyonce POV

"Ma!" I heard Ryan yelling. "Mama!" He yelled again.

I growled as I fixed myself, getting ready for the lunch Shawn is taking us to. "Why you yelling in my house?!" I yelled back.

He walked in the master bedroom with his duffle bag. "Just wanted to tell you that dad said you should hurry up. We're leaving in twenty minutes."

"Okay," I said. "Why you yelling in my house?"

"No I wasn't," he said scratching the back of his head looking like a guilty puppy.

"So you lying now?" I placed my hand on my hip. "Go get dressed," I said and he walked out.

"Baby!" I heard Shawn's loud ass. Like father, like son. "Baby! Where you at?!" He yelled getting closer. "There you are. Why didn't you answer when I called?"

"You and your son are way too loud," I said.

He came to me and hugged me from the back then he placed his hands on my belly. "Sorry about the loudness," he said.

I turned and I looked at him. "You're way to cute, I can't stay mad at you," I smiled.

"Nonsense, 'cute' is for puppies and babies. I'm sexy," he wiggled his eyebrows at me then he kissed my forehead. "Let's go before we're late."

He helped me finish and we were off.

Shawn POV

We got to the restaurant. I decided to book a private room because there are more people at this lunch than Beyonce thinks.

We got inside the private room and Beyonce's face immediately lit up when she saw her family. I invited Mama Rose, Eric and Rihanna. I went an extra mile to invite her parents and her two best friends from Houston. I didn't forget about her girls from here in Cali. Of course my home boys were here. I didn't forget about my own mother and brother.

Seeing that the family is finally getting along, I thought why not just invite everyone to a lunch so we can have fun together.

"Can I please get everyone's attention please," I said as I stood up and everyone looked at me. I pushed my chair to the back to make more room for me to stand. "I'll like to thank you all for coming here. It really means a lot," I started.

"There's always time for family man," August said raising his glass.

"True that," I said. "This lunch is not only for just mingling with each other. Its also for something else," I said then I looked at Bey who was next to me. I bent down a little and I pecked her lips. "I love you."

"I love you too baby," she smiled at me.

I dug my hand into my pocket then took out the small box. I got down on one knee and opened the box revealing the diamond ring inside. I looked at Bey and she was genuinely shocked.

"I love you Beyonce and I'm in love with you. I've done you wrong so many times but you still chose me and I'm so lucky to have a woman like you in my life. You are reason I wake up everyday and work on becoming a better version of myself. You are the love of my life Giselle," I said as Beyonce's eyes became watery. "Will you marry me?"

She nodded her head. "Yes I will," she said and everybody cheered. I put the ring on her finger and I kissed her nice and slow.

"Save some for the honeymoon Mr and Mrs Carter," I heard Solange in the background and we broke the kiss.

"Show us the ring baby," Mama Rose said and Beyonce raised her hand for everyone to see.

The food came and we all started feasting.

I kept on whispering and sweet talking in Beyonce's ear. "You look mighty fine today," I whispered in her ear.

She giggled. "Stop it Shawn. I'm trying to eat."

"I'm trying to eat you girl," I said then I started kissing her neck.

"Uh-uh, break it up you two," Solange said pulling me back. "You two are about to make it a PG18 in here. I'm taking Bey away from you," she said and she helped Beyonce up. I watched as she took her to the other side of the table with the rest of the ladies.

I would catch a glimpse of Beyonce and we'll lock eyes once in a while. I'll smile at her and she'll blush.