9

Ryan POV

Meeting my dad for the first time was an amazing feeling but at the same time I kinda felt some type of way about him. It was a bitter sweet feeling.

I'm happy that I finally met my dad but I don't like the fact that he hurt mom, a lot.

"Thank you again for the help on the assignment," Justin said as we walked out of the classroom.

"No problem dude. See you tomorrow," I said.

I made it out of the school building and I went to wait for the school bus with the other kids.

"See ya later Ry," Julez came to me and we did our handshake. Over the weeks, me and him have become really good friends.

"Bye man. I'll see you tomorrow at the chess club," I said

I'm not really an athletic person so I settle with activities like debate and the chess club.

"I'll wait with you until your ride comes," I said to Julez as I trailed behind him.

"Thanks," he said. "My uncle is picking me up."

We waited for a while and this car finally came. Julez walked to the passenger side.

"Hey fella," I heard a familiar masculine voice.

I tried to see who was talking but I just couldn't see through the tinted windows of the car.

"Hey uncle Shawn. I'll like you to meet someone," Julez said opening the car door. "He's my new friend and he's really nice."

"Fine. I'm coming out," I heard the man followed by the door on the other side opening.

I waited for Julez's uncle to come out and...its my dad.

"Ryan is your friend?" He asked Julez as he walked over to his side.

"Yah," Julez said. "How do you know Ryan? He's new here."

"He's my son," dad smiled at me.

"Hey...dad," I said shyly.

Dad came and hugged me. I can't lie, it felt amazing to be in his embrace. I've always craved my dad's embrace but the problem was that I didn't know who he was.

"Hey son," he said then he picked me up and sat me on the hood of his car. "How have you been Ryan?" He smiled at me.

"I'm aight," I said lowly as I kept fidgeting with my fingers. I don't know why I'm so shy around my own father.

Dad chuckled as he lifted up my face. "You have your mother's eyes and her cute nose," he said looking at me. "Let me take you out. I'd love to spend time with you mini me."

Mom did say he will want to spend time with me so it will be wrong of me to deprive my father the opportunity to spend time with me. I also want to know my dad better.

"Where are we going dad?" I smiled at him and he smiled back.

"Don't worry, I still remember where you live," he said picking me up. "I'll introduce you to some of your family members that live here in California. For starters, Julez is your cousin."

Mom made dad sound like an awful person but he's really nice and sweet. I can't wait to meet up with my other relatives.

Beyonce POV

"What do you mean he hasn't come back home yet?!" I yelled at Eric as he told me that Ryan hasn't come back yet.

"I thought he was with you," Eric said.