Chapter 54: Let Go

Chapter 54:

The Summer Interhigh tournament was intense and the results were unexpected. The Karasuno boys lost to Aoba Johsai in the final qualifiers, while the girls' team lost to Araigawa High. The girl that promised Mizuki that she would make her use her left hand when they were first-years defeated them at the final set, earning Mizuki's admiration and respect. Both teams only had one more tournament left of their high school volleyball career - the Spring Interhigh.

After the Summer Interhigh tournament, it was finally summer vacation. Mizuki told her father's old teammate, as well as Mateo, that she was planning on applying to the University of São Paulo. They were ecstatic, and once the university heard about her interest in their school, they wanted to fly her out for a week in order for her to tour the school. They wanted to recruit Mizuki for their volleyball team, especially once they watched her games online. Mizuki warned them that just because she was applying that it didn't mean she would attend their school. Nevertheless, the university urged her to visit anyway. They were going to be paying for her flight, as well as her boarding and lodging for a whole week.

"Are you going to miss me?" Mizuki teased playfully.

"Eh..." Kei shrugged as he smirked.

She pouted, causing him to laugh loudly. Currently, Kei and her family were at Tokyo International Airport, dropping her off for her week-long trip to Brazil. Although he wanted to go with her (he was willing to pay for his own flight, boarding, and lodging), he had to attend the training camp at Nekoma High in the next couple of days. Besides, he literally spent 150,000 yen on an engagement ring so it was safe to say that he was broke.

"Fine then, I guess I won't come back." Mizuki stated casually.

"I'm kidding," He chuckled, pulling her into an affectionate embrace, "I'll miss you a lot."

She gazed up and smiled at him, "I'll miss you too."

"Are you both serious?" Jun muttered irritatedly, "My sister will be gone for a week, Tsukishima-san."

"A week is too long!" Mizuki declared passionately.

"What your brother is trying to say is that he'll miss you too." Kei smiled slyly.

Jun blushed as he grimaced, "I will not!"

"Aw!" Mizuki hugged her brother tightly as he tried to escape her grasp.

"I'll be back before you know it." She smiled at Kei, who gazed at her fondly.

After half an hour, Mizuki kissed Kei goodbye right before she entered the terminal. Those who didn't have plane tickets were obviously not allowed in, and he could already feel himself missing her the second she was out of sight.

On the drive back to Miyagi, Kei sat in the front seat with Mizuki's mother as Jun napped behind them.

"So Tsukishima-kun..." She murmured, "You're okay with Mizuki attending the University of São Paulo?"

"Huh...?" Kei raised an eyebrow curiously, "I didn't know she was really considering going there..."

"Weren't you the one that urged for her to apply?" She asked slowly.

"Well, yeah but..." He answered faintly, "It was because I wanted her to believe in herself. I thought that if she applied to an overseas university and got accepted, it might help with her confidence..."

"But, you don't want her to go to Brazil for university?" Mizuki's mother inquired.

"I..." Kei trailed off as he stared out the car window.