Chapter 17: Strength

A/n: sorry this has taken so long. I hope you enjoy~

It took a few hours to reach HQ and i quickly hopped off the horse and lifted Sasha down. I struggled with distributing her weight within my arms before carrying her to the infirmary.

"She had a cloudberry, she seems to be having a strange reaction to them." The nurse sighed and nodded.

"Never had a case like this before." She sighed "this is more common in poorer areas of the town but we'll do our best to help her." The young woman smiled.

She looked oddly familiar but I shook it off.

"Okay, thankyou."  I smiled politely and stayed out of the way before being allowed to take her side.

"You got her to us at the right time, she'll be okay with time." I nodded.

"W-whaaa? Where am I? Huh?! Is this hell?! If this is hell i'm sorryyyyy" i flinched at the noise she was emitting.

It's normal Sasha alright.

"Calm down or you'll be-" she groaned and clutched her stomach.

"Urgh. Why meeee" i smiled and shook my head slightly at her whining.

"Y/n, I'll take it from here." I smiled at Erwin and stood.

"Thank you. Apart from this incident, everyone seems to be doing fine though I'll keep an eye on mr springer to ensure that he won't do something drastic to be with her." He nodded.

"How is Levi doing?" His eyes glimmered in amusement.

"He hates it." He chuckled.

"That's about right. I hope the rest of your operation goes smoothly." I saluted before leaving.

I expected flames and catastrophe when I headed back but to my surprise, everything was peaceful. Hanji was making some sort of stew as Levi hid in the trees. I rolled my eyes and sent him a discreet shooing hand motion. He disappeared and i hopped down and tied up the horse.

"How did it go? She okay?" I nodded.

"She's going to be okay with rest. How is everyone else doing?"

"Levi set off a flare. He wants out. Haha! You should have seen him! He's gone feral."

"I can understand why. We did kind of pair him up with Eren and Mikasa. Armin's a sweetheart so i'm sure he's the least of Levi's problems. Anywho, I'm going to check up on our happy campers." With that, I entered the woods.

A hand touched my shoulder. On autopilot, i sent my elbow into the persons stomach before turning to find levi a little out of breath.

"What. The. Fuck?!" He whispered harshly.

"Don't catch me off guard like that. You should know better than to grab someone from behind. Now, what is it?" He sighed and stood straight.

"I wanted to see if you're al- ahem able to keep doing this after riding to HQ and back." I rose a brow and he looked away.

"Well if that's all, go to your camp."

"Kind of ballsy to give me orders, Y/n."

"Kind of ballsy to ignore them. Ackerman." He looked at me with a face of pure confusion and disgust.

"I don't understand why i tolerate you"

"you more than tolerate me, Levi." I laughed as his cheeks went a slight pink. He cleared his throat.

"Yes. Well, I'm going to my camp." He announced and sauntered away leaving me standing there in surprise.

I never expected to make him blush.

I smiled and snuck on glancing at the camps.

"No!it looks like a hawthorne!"

"Very funny. It's a bittersweet." I rolled my eyes but smiled at them.

"Why aren't you listening to me? It's definitely a hawthorne. Look." She pointed at the picture and back at the plant.

"Oh....yeah, you're right. Sorry heh, i got a little paranoid. I don't want to die from eating bad berries"

I wandered through a little more before grabbing some berries and savoring their sweet taste.

A twig snapped, I sighed.

"Levi. You seriously need to stop. It's getting close to stalking territory no-mmf"

A hand covered my mouth and a strong arm circled my waist.

I allowed the person to drag me out of the woods before i threw my head back, into the guys neck. He sputtered and coughed, before he could recover, I punched his family jewels.

I turned in the darkness to find him hunched over, coughing. I shoved him to the ground and took my flare from my belt, setting it off.

He stood and tackled me. I kicked out with my legs and he moved to punch my face. I grabbed his fist and twisted his wrist. Working my way from beneath him, I twisted his arm further and pushed him into the ground.

"Y/n!" Levi called.

The man squirmed and I grabbed a rock hitting him in the head. Knocking him out.

I stepped back, my legs like jelly as they gave way.

"You Okay? We all saw the flare." He said as he caught me. Hanji headed over to the figure and checked his pulse.

"H-he...I..." I turned and buried my head into his chest as I shook. He placed a hand in my hair and one on my back.

"It's okay now. You're with me..." as if spotting Hanji, he quickly added "and Hanji!"

"You're one badass. He's out cold. He's easily six feet tall. We're so lucky You're on our side."

"You Okay?" Levi questioned as I still clung to his shirt. He brushed a hand gently down my hair.

"I just have a few bruises and scrapes from when he tackled me."

"He tackled you?"

"Yeah." He pulled me tighter.

"That asshole will get what's coming to him. We'll all take him to HQ in the morning." I let out an airy chuckle.

"Erwin will kill him."

"He can get in line."

"Is my ship saiiiiling?~" we both groaned at Hanji and I pulled away to find that she'd tied his hands together with rope and started to drag him across the grass by his feet.

It was honestly kind of funny watching her drag him into the darkness of the woods.

Levi touched my hand.

"You want to head back?"

"Yeah...can You erm...walk with me?" He put an arm securely over my shoulders and we walked side by side into the woods and back to mine and Hanji's camp.

"Why did nobody else come out?"

"I told them to stay back. Strength in numbers." I nodded even though he couldn't see it.

"You're badass." He stated and I laughed.

"I know."