Chapter 37: engagement?

"What?!" My heart pounded in my ears as I watched as levi took a deep breath and adjusted himself slightly.

"Marry me." His face seemed more desperate as his gaze probed for an answer.

"So I did hear that right." I whispered, my heart thumping in my chest as he inched closer. It wasn't until levi tilted my head to look at him that I realized...I hadn't answered.

"Oh, yes!"

"You dont sound-"

"No! I really do! I just...I just can't believe you..."

"This wasn't how I'd meant to but after the whole two of you and trial...I realized that I couldn't keep changing my mind. " I smiled at him until I noticed him pulling something from his pocket.

"Holy crap you got a ring too?!"

"If you don't want it..."

"Nooo lemme see!" He rolled his eyes but held out the ring. His face smoothed and his shoulders eased as I held out my hand.

"It's beautiful. Thank you" He gavas he slipped the ring carefully onto my " I leaned closer, my nose just brushing against his. Levis hand stroked my hair back and rested at the nape of my neck, he leaned in and-

"Where are the Corporal and y/n?!" I flinched but he held firm.

"Ignore them. Its just you and me." He whispered before finally kissing me. I closed my eyes and draped my arms over his shoulders, he leaned into me and traced my side with his free hand. I got lost in his touch as a warmth spread through my chest and up to my ears before we pulled away, I felt a smile come to me as our eyes met.

"I feel like I'm in a dream." I whispered, he kissed me quick and rested his head on mine.

"I've felt that way since the day I found you outside Erwins office. Having you back and being with you...I feel like Isobel and Farlan are cheering us on. They always tried to..."

"They saw what we didn't. I bet somewhere, they saw us and screamed that they told us so." Levi breathed out a small laugh.

"I used to think they were all I needed."

"Used to?"

"When we met, I hated your guts but...I couldnt help but admire you. The way you cared for isobel, your infuriating need to save others...my world got bigger and I never saw it coming. They may have been everything I needed but you're all I've ever wanted."

"...have you been reading Erwins romance-"

"No."

"That...was suspiciously fast." I yawned.  He rolled his eyes and stood.

"What?" I asked as he held out a hand.

"We should go to bed. You sound like you need it."

"My legs are tired. Let's stay-"

"stand up or I'll carry you."

"Hmm.carry me." He rolled his eyes and hooked one arm beneath my legs and placed his other under my arm, lifting me with ease. I felt my face flush as he adjusted me in his arms.

"I don't want this day to end." I whispered as he carried me up the stairs, the sounds of the party were starting to quieten.

"Me too."

"Soo...did you tell anyone you were going to..?"

"No. Nobody around here can keep a fucking secret."

"I always thought erwin was reliable."