Chapter 1

"Don't forget to focus." My mothers voice rang I my ears as if she was right next to me but she wasn't. It bothered me that even though she wasn't here her voice still could be heard. I wish I did listen to her but it's to late for that now. First day of going to an actual school and I've all ready screwed up. I don't know what came over me but I can't back down now. In a away I have my mom to blame. I get my determination to prove people wrong from her. It can work in my favor but at this moment it wasn't.

In the morning I arrived at school half an hour early so as to alert the school receptionist that I had made and so that she could help me find my tutor room. She was kind enough to get up and lead me up there and not leave me with nothing but verbal instructions. We made our way up the two sets of stairs, which left me a bit breathless when I reached the top. I was shown the corridor were I would start my day in and was introduced to the head of my year who was a lovely middle aged lady. She greeted me with a bright smile and warm welcoming. She old me how our year group worked and why it was different from the others, although I still don't get why. She told me that being in Year 11 I was required to sign in every morning due to issues from previous years and students. She handed me a planner and a house badge and told me my form which was 11A and told me my form tutor would be here soon.

Soon the corridor started filling up with students who who occasionally glance at me once every few minutes and huddles filled with hushed whispers. I wasn't a very conscious person so it didn't bother me what they were saying if it was about me which clearly was but still didn't matter. The door to my dorm room were opened and I stepped in and examined the classroom. My form room was a science lab which was used by us for registration or as I've been told form time. I walked towards the teacher who had her eyes glued on her laptop screen. I stood next to her for a few seconds before loudly clearing my throat which caught her attention. She turned to look at me and it took her a second before registering who I was and what I was doing here.

"Arielle Brown isn't it?" She asked.

She pronounced my name as best as she could in her cockney accent and even though it was a simple name I felt like correcting her was unnecessary. My old at home tutors would call me all sort of things so this was probably as close as I would get her to say it.

I nodded and she adjusted the glasses resting in her crooked nose heifer looking down at my uniform. The schools uniform consisted of a blue blouse, an option of a skirt skirt or trousers, a scarf and a jumper which was also optional. I had black leather flats which were also part of he school uniform but I'm was happy enough to choose the design my self. I had decided to wear trousers even if I knew that most girls would go for the skirts which I as right about. She looked back and up slowly nodded. I took that as a confirmation on wearing the right uniform. She pointed at an empty chair under the table in the far left and I knew she meant that, that seat would be were I sat. I sat down and stared at clock before being looking a away when I felt a tap on my shoulders. I turned around and came face to face with a girl who would definitely stand out in a crowd.