Chapter 4

The end of the day came very slowly and by the time it was over I couldn't be happier to go back to my boring life at home.

I was waiting for my mom to come pick me up when I bunch of rowdy boys ran past me. One of them shoved past me and made me loose my balance. My books gel out of my hands and I put my hands out to break my fall. Bad idea. I felt stinging pain in my palms and when I looked at them I saw the concrete had scraped them. Groaning I got to my knees and picked gathered all my books.

When I looked up there was this guy standing over me with his hand out. He had black hair with several blond streaks at the front and solid brown eyes. I was just dazing into his eyes unaware of my mom honking the car in the background. Quickly snapping out of it I placed my hand in his and he gently pulled me up.

"Thanks." I said while dusting my self off.

"It's fine. Sorry I pushed you down. I should be more careful. Are you okay though?" He asked.

I don't know why but usually I would have snapped at the person and told them to watch where their going but his apology seemed so sincere and I couldn't help bring my self to act like that.

"It's okay and I'm fine just scraped my palms a bit but noting that shouldn't heal quickly." I told him.

Just as he was going to say something, one of his friends yelled at him to hurry up.

"At least you okay. Listen I have to go now but it was nice talking to you even for this reason and by the way I'm Calum, Calum Hood and you are?" He asked.

"I'm Arielle, Arielle Brown." I replied.

"That's a nice name and hopefully I'll see you around sometime." And with that he was sprinting off to rejoin his other friends.

I watched him run until I realized that my mom was watching. Picking up the rest of my stuff I made my way over to the car and got in. As I put my seatbelt on my other asked me.

"Who is that boy?"

Typical mom.

"He was no one." I said to her.

"If he was no one then why did you look at him that way and why did it take you ages to get in?" She kept going.

"Mom will you stop. I said he's no one. He just apologized and helped me up. It's not a big deal." I almost yelled at her.

She seemed taken back by my reply but quickly went back to her normal state like it hadn't fazed her.

The rest of the drive was quite and very tense. Uncomfortable even. This is why I dread going home each day. All I did was argue with my mom and when ever we did we wouldn't take for up to a week and when we did it ends up in another one.

When we got home she switched the engine off and just as I was about to get out she sternly said.

"Whatever he said. I don't think I like that boy so I don't want you talking to him. Understand?"