Reyna x banana bread

LOTUS
'What would you like today?' I muttered distractedly, dragging my eyes reluctantly from the glass door up to meet the customer's.

'Could I get a coke and a blueberry muffin, please?' The blonde teen smiled flirtatiously at me. Ha. Good luck with that, buddy. My sights are set elsewhere.

I turned to grab his coke, but had to catch my breath when I turned back around. There  she was. Standing at the back of the queue, looking for all the world like a roman empress, was Reyna.

The line slowly dwindled, until at long last she was standing in front of me.

'Banana toast and hot chocolate, please.' She said, without even looking up from her phone.

'I know.' I replied, setting both down in front of her. She glanced up, surprise etched across her face.

'You memorised my order?' She asked, a hint of accusation in her voice.  I flushed.

'Um, I guess.'  I answered, not meeting her eyes. She stared at me a second longer, and then shrugged, reaching for her drink.

'Wait.' I blurted, putting my hand on top of hers. 'Are you into martial arts? More specifically, ancient fighting?'

Her eyebrows lifted slowly. 'Why?'

'I, uh, really like martial arts. Roman and Greek specifically. And you carry yourself a certain way, almost like-' I rambled.

'Right, yeah, I do a bit here and there. Can I go now?' Irritation marred her features.

'Um, yeah, sure.' I blinked rapidly, handing her her order. She shoved a bill into my hand, and turned to go. 

However, just as she  was reaching the glass door, a massive, two-headed dog crashed  through it, shattering the glass. The  entire shop froze, staring in horror at the beast.

Everyone... except for Reyna. She glared at  it in obvious annoyance, before setting  her food down on a nearby table, and  reaching into the folds of her jacket. Gasps rang out across the cafe as she pulled two golden daggers out, balancing them in her hands.

'Hiya Orthrus.' She said dryly. 'I thought Hercules dealt with you.' The dog growled, but she only smirked. 'But you're back, I see. Guess now its my turn to fight Cerberus's lesser-known younger brother.'

It leapt at her, fast enough that I was sure she was toast, but she dodged nimbly, dragging one of the knives along its ribcage as she did so, searing the skin with an ugly red welt. The beast let out a noise somewhere between a yelp and a growl, glaring at her through dark eyes. She smiled innocently in response.

It charged her again, but instead of ducking, she met him head on, plunging both blades deep into its chest. The dog whined softly, sliding to the floor. The minute its head touched down, it dissolved into golden dust.

The cafe burst into noise, more animated now the dog was gone. Reyna grimaced, looking to me as she picked up her drink and snack. 'Yes, by the way. I am in martial arts. Official praetor of New Rome, actually. Good guess.' And then she spun, ignoring my gaping mouth, and strode calmly out of the restaurant, sipping her drink as she went.