The Possibility of Love - Eren x Reader

Sharp pains throbbed in your lower abdomen, great pressure from hungry teeth threatening to smash your fragile body. Your hands and arms, now caged in this monster's grasp, had no hopes of freeing you from the hands of Death.

It's time to say good bye to the world...

   You closed your eyes, feeling the burning touch of Death engulfing your sides. You weren't ready to face the eternal blackness that you were about to see. You weren't ready to face a soundless, voiceless body that your soul would forever be trapped in. But it was time, and Death wouldn't spare your life even if you were one of God's little angles.

My time is up...

   Your world became dark and blank. Maybe this was the process of your death. You didn't know, since you weren't alive anymore. Or so you thought.

   Inaudible words grasp your eardrums before you fell into what seemed like a deep sleep. You couldn't make out for what they were. All you could do now was embrace the hands of darkness, for a time unknown to yourself.

-------

   The radiant sun's rays passed through panels of the lone, glass window, as your unconscious body laid sleeping on the cushioned bed. You couldn't make out what day it was, but you certainly knew that it was morning. You could fell the sun burning your skin, but you lost all feeling in your limbs, so all you could do was lie there, feeling as crisp as the burnt bread from the Mess Hall.

Another wonderful, boring, and unpleasant day. When the hell am I getting out of this damn coma?

   A male brunette had fallen asleep on your bed, his head resting with his arms folded on the bed, while he sat in an uncomfortable wooden chair. His breaths were steady - in sync with yours - and he never stirred nor whimpered in his unusually peaceful slumber.

After a few moments, a black haired female opened the door, and through your coma, you heard the sound of the knob twisting.

Probably Mikasa again. Eren's been sleeping by my side ever since I even got in this mess. Why didn't I just die right when I was about to? Fuck you, Death. I want a refund!

The small footsteps treaded its way closer to you, and you felt the movement of Mikasa trying to wake up Eren beside you.

"Mmm..."

You felt Eren stir in his sleep, before finally lifting his head from the bed, rubbing his tired, turquoise eyes. He looked around the room before his eyes laid on your sleeping form, smiling to himself at the sight of you.

"Eren." interrupted Mikasa, with her usual stoic expression. The brunette turned around and yawned, greeting his sister with a simple 'hi'.

"You missed breakfast again," sighed the female with her eyes closed. She opened them back up, her gaze focused on your pale, calm face. "Missing breakfast isn't good for you, Eren."

"So what? It's just breakfast." retorted the brunette, laying his head back down on the bed while his gaze was fixed on her.

Uhm, breakfast is the best thing ever! Especially since you get to eat it in solids, titan boy...

"Eren, this is your 19th time missing breakfast - in two months. Stop sleeping here-"

Two months? I've been in a coma for two months? What the actual hell?

"You actually counted?" he asked, raising an eyebrow before going back to the bland point. "And no!" he quickly stood up from his position, his before tired eyes were now burning with rage and sadness.