The Vow of Silence - Eren x Reader

*insp. by The Promise from the Final Fantasy XIII OST

this oneshot was also inspired by an EreMika fanart picture. tbh it was pretty fUCKING SAD LIKE MY KOKORO-

dead

"Our love is infinite no matter what - as long as the thought of your presence in this world exists, I'll be there for you. I always will be..."

He held her tattered and scraped body close to his chest, as he rested his back against the bark of a tree in the middle of the dimly lit forest. The sun above shone its rays down at the floor, as the light patches were spread throughout the forest grounds that enveloped the earth. Loud, distant thumps could be heard, as they continued to disappear into the air, like the steam that evaporates the his closing wounds on his body.

His breathing was heavy at a steady pace while he held her body closer to himself more than before. Hot, burning-like tears streamed down his dirtied cheek, as the words he spoke were cracked and quivered...

"H-hey, (F/n)..."

Dead silence.

"When this is all over, how about we move to the outside...?"

A small sob escaped his scratched up throat at the thought, as his tears dripped onto the shirt of the body he held so dearly to himself.

His brain pounded with thoughts and minute anger in his head - there was no way that he wanted to admit to himself about his current situation. The thought alone made him want to a scream out in agony and pain, even if it meant that the whole world had to hear it.

"...We'll build a house, we can have some kids - oh, but we'll get married first,"

The corners of his lips turned up in a sorrowful smile, as he stared off into the forest. All he could see was trees around him, towering over his such small figure, and leaves that slowly descended from the tops of the forest, as if the world was in complete slow motion.

His wavy breathing had heaved by now. All that was left was the tears that continued to stream down his cheeks, as his beautiful, turquoise hues were brimmed with sadness and regret. If anyone were to see him now, they'd expect that he had finally broke down.

"You know, Jean asked me if we were gonna get married. 'Why?' I asked. He wanted to walk you down the isle..."

The grip of his hand that was clutched onto the sleeve of the body he held tightened, as he slightly clenched his teeth in pain. Out of the blue, a flock of birds above the forest soared across the vibrant sky, as distant caws could be heard as they passed by in a flash. The thought and idea alone could be considered nostalgic, but Eren had more things to be concerned about.

"I was gonna propose to you."

He blinked his gaze downwards, finally coming face-to-face with the sight he held close to him. A teenage girl was there, her body bloodied with scratches, open wounds, and bruises that covered her body. The eyelids of he eyes were closed, as of she were in a deep, eternal sleep. Her uniform was all tattered and ripped up, like the cape she wore - it was torn from various angles, as well as blood splattered that seemed I evaporate into thin air.

"I don't know when, but soon maybe..."

He blinked his gaze back ahead of him, as he rested his head back against the hard surface of the bark. All he could ever do now was be alone with nothing but his thoughts and himself. Everything that he ever loved felt like it was gone, as if God had suddenly decided to take away what little courage he had to fight for himself.

"Is it okay if I do it now? I don't have a ring though."

He could finally feel the eruptions of sobs and cries in his throat, as he tried to squint his eyes to keep himself from letting out any loud noises. It would attract the titans, and he would be gone with the wind too.

But did he even care...?

"But that's okay, right? I don't need a ring to show my love for you, don't I?"

When there was no response, his eyes down casted to the lifeless body that he held so weakly in his tired arms, as the burning tears began to uncontrollably stream down his cheeks.

"...(F/n)?"

Dead silence.