Chapter 9 - I'll Push You Aside For Your Lover.

Chapter 9 is here!!!! This is where the main part of the story starts. Thank you! :D

Sherlock hadn't taken John's pleas into account, he pretty much ignored them, although he had doubted himself at times. Should he take the offer? Should he feed his brain the challenging information it craves? Or should he play safe?

The lanky teen had been hunched over his aged, wooden desk for over three hours now. Not saying a word to his parents or his stuck-up brother, who poked his head through the door every five minutes to purposely leave the younger boy exasperated.

He had been trying to revise chemistry since he had arrived back from school; however, his mind travelled elsewhere. Jim and his offer had been ever present in Sherlock's thoughts, and he may have even been so deep in thought that he had written Jim's name instead of the word 'joules' in his revision notes.

In frustration he ran his long, thin hands through his curly mop of hair with an irritated groan. He slammed his huge textbook on the hard surface of the desk causing a bang and his mother calling from downstairs to stop making such a noise.

Getting up abruptly, he moved over to his bed and flopped down, pulling his phone out of his pocket. He flipped it up and down and caught it with one hand thinking about whether to text the Irish boy or not.

After a few minutes of contemplating, Sherlock decided to accept Jim's offer, but realised texting wouldn't be the best option. Well it would, but Sherlock just wanted to talk face to face with the boy. An excuse to have that sudden spark of challenge when conversing with him.

When waiting for the bus after school, day after day, Sherlock watched Jim and Sebastian walk home from school. Before, he'd witness Sebastian try to slide his arm around Jim's waist as they walked down the street, and Jim, shoving him off with his elbow as he typed frantically on his phone.

Now however, he would always see them hand in hand. And every time he'd see them pass him when walking past the bus stop, without fail, Jim would wink knowingly at him. I prefer brains to brawn. It would always remind him of that.

The tall, dark haired boy would watch them stroll down the street, almost out of eye view, until they stopped at a house. He would always see Sebastian unlock the door, so he deduced that it was the blonde's house.

This would happen almost everyday apart from the times when he saw neither of them. It was weird really. He would never see Jim without Seb, ever. He'd either see both, or neither. The other absurd point was that he would never see Jim go to his own house, wherever it may be. He would always go to Sebastian's.

Sherlock had thought about this, and came to the conclusion that Jim purposely avoided going to his own home, probably because something or someone is there that may affect him. Probably the latter, or both.

He linked this with his theories of Jim's mental health. He deduced that Jim was suffering with PTSD, as something may have happened in the past at his own home, causing him not to go back there, and hence the dark, tired circles under his eyes, obviously from lack of sleep.

After minutes of thinking, he had decided to find Jim and tell him. And bring as it was a Friday night, there was no way he could tell him at school the next day, and he didn't want to wait until Monday.

Sliding on his long coat and a blue scarf to keep him warm from the January cold, Sherlock headed out to Sebastian Moran's house, hoping he would find Jim there.

The walk was long, as he didn't bother to catch the bus, and the ice cold wind nipped his cheeks and the tips of his ears. The tall boy shoved his hands into his pockets to stop them from going numbly cold and proceeded towards Sebastian's house.

After reaching number 74 without a word of warning to Jim, he rang the doorbell and stepped back, tapping his foot while waiting for the door to open.

Someone was in obviously, as the lights were on in the house, especially as it was going dark. A few moments later, the door opened swiftly, causing a gust of warm air to blow into Sherlock's face.

Sebastian stood in the doorway, clad in only tracksuit bottoms and nothing else, revealing a toned, muscular body, his abs prominent under tanned skin. Everyone knew that that boy could easily be a model. Especially with that jawline and his chiselled features, bright blue eyes complementing his blonde hair. Which was now a complete mess.

The tall blonde looked shocked when he saw Sherlock and narrowed his eyes in defence.

"How did you get here?" He questioned, like he was protecting something.

"I just did." Sherlock replied flatly "Is Jim here?"

Sebastian's eyes narrowed further "Why do you need to know that?"

"I just need to talk to him, and I knew he'd be here, now answer my question."

"Get the fuck lost Sherlock, you hardly know him so I don't know why you'd want to see him." He snapped, closing the door until Sherlock trapped his foot in it.

"Oh really? I know nothing about him do I?" Sherlock grinned "Well, that's funny because I bet you didn't know about how your dear boyfriend is suffering do you? That he has PTSD. Post-traumatic stress disorder. A mental health condition that is triggered by a terrifying experience or witnessing one. Explains why he never goes home, why /you/ never go to his house. Hasn't it crossed your mind? Something awful must have happened Sebastian, and you've never known. Poor boy is probably scared to go home and you didn't even realise... I thought you'd figure this one Moran."

Sebastian was left speechless for a few moments, his mouth just opening and closing again not knowing what to say. The colour in his face paled a little, and his eyes grew wide.

"H-how do you.. How did you know that? You didn't have proof for... For that..." He stammered.

"Logic and observation Sebastian. Anything else you would like to know?" He teased mockingly.

"No no, anyway, I thought you were here to talk to Jim?"

"Ahhhh, so he is here!"

"Maybe so yes, but it doesn't mean that you'll be seeing him." He said, confidence returning.

"Is that so Sebastian? I need just talk to him."

"I don't care! Get the fuck away from my boyfriend and my house! Piss off!" He snapped, his voice a lot louder, almost a shout.

"Awwww, how sentimental. Now, let me-" he tried to stride past Sebastian into the house until the larger blonde pushed him back angrily.

"What the hell are you doing?! Now get out you twat!" He barked, causing light footsteps to pad curiously into the hallway.

"Darling, what's going on? Who's-" he lilted, until he spotted Sherlock and grinned. "Oh! Why are you here and Sherly?"

Jim's hair was just as a mess as Sebastian's. Inky, dark strands flopping against his forehead, and wearing only his school trousers and his shirt, no tie, and several buttons open.

"He's just going." Sebastian assured, eyes still fixed coldly on Sherlock's.

"No he's not!" Jim pointed, and pushed past Sebastian so he was right in front of the blonde and facing Sherlock. "I know how you got here. Clever boy, very observant."

Sherlock grinned. "I'm here to tell you that I've accepted your offer."

"Oh! Good!" Jim beamed. Sebastian tried to hide the hint of jealousy he felt. "But you could've text me. Or am I that irresistible?" He cooed.

Sherlock looked at the floor and cleared his throat, ignoring that comment. "So.. Well, what have I got to do?"

Jim leaned back against Sebastian's chest idly. "I'll text you some details about where to meet you to explain it all. I'm too tired now."

Sherlock nodded curtly and turned to leave, walking down the short pathway until Jim called back.

"I would invite you for a cup of tea but it's not my house and I think Seb is a little jealous."

Sebastian growled but Sherlock just smiled to himself, knowing that he had made the right decision.