Chapter two- Prove my Point

I will try to update this every week! Hope you enjoy!

"Seb!!!" Jim called, laughing as he was pushed down the corridor by his friend. Sebastian held him by his shoulders, ramming him through the crowds of kids who filled the corridor on their way to lesson. Laughing as the small, scrawny younger kids split apart, making way for them like massive shoals of little fish swimming away quickly when a domineering, intimidating shark comes pushing itself through the sea without a care.
An old teacher who must have been teaching at the school for at least 20 years yelled at them from the inside of a classroom, not daring to step outside into the wave of chattering students getting pushed and shoved by each other and the two older boys. Seb just stuck up his middle finger at her without a glance, making Jim howl with laughter as he was plunged through the swarm of human-sized wasps.

Sherlock was staring at them with distaste from the back of the crowd, obviously not succumbing to their childish behaviour. He was tall, and could easily push through the crowds like Sebastian had, but didn't bother. It was maths anyway.

.oOo.

"Um, hi, do you mind if I sit here or..?" A mousy, timid voice pulled Sherlock out of his trance causing him to turn to his right to see, Millie? No, Molly clutching her books to her chest with one arm and using the other to fiddle with the middle button of her blazer out of nervousness.

"Whatever, your funeral." Sherlock muttered, not paying much attention to the girl. He looked around to see who else was in the class; Jim, chatting to Irene who sat next to him, replacing Sebastian's place, who wasn't studying additional maths for higher. This was top set in the year, and Sherlock made a mental note of all the kids he thought were intelligent enough to be sitting here.

"I'm Molly Hooper" the girl said, barely a whisper as she sat down, still fidgeting with that button which was a terrible habit of hers.

"I know." Sherlock replied in a bored tone "Sherlock Holmes"

"Oh, er yeah, how did you kn-"

"Right class!" A loud deep voice came from the front of the classroom, the teacher started handing out textbooks, slapping them down roughly on the scorched desks that were covered in doodles. "Today we are studying quadratic equations and their functions. I don't want any rubbish from any of you. If at least 15 questions aren't completed on page fifty three you will be doing it at home.

There was a wave of grumbles throughout the class and Sherlock turned to page 53 placing the book in between himself and Molly, earning him a timid thanks from the mousy girl.

"Jim, don't bother with this work I want you to finish your binomial expressions sheet okay?"

"But siiiiiirrrr. Binomial expressions are so easy. It's boring." Came a long Irish drawl from the back of the classroom. Sherlock had never heard the dark haired boy speak before, apart from when he was being rammed down the corridor, and that was only giggles really.

"I know Jim, we've contacted the local universities to see if they've got anything for you but we're waiting for a reply."

Jim started whining at the completely stressed out teacher who had no clue in what to do with him while Sherlock took a glance at the questions in the book. Scribbling down the answers without a second thought. These /were/ easy. Without even bothering to raise his hand Sherlock disrupted the teacher from his sudden trail of thought.

"Sir, these questions are dull. Anyone could do these"

The whole class turned round and both Jim and Irene started giggling.

"Oh, dear, you've got some competition there Jim darling" Irene declared causing Jim to look up from his phone which was hidden under the table.

"Ohhh, I felt so talented while it lasted" he replied with a sardonic pout.

Half the class started giggling, and the teacher quietened them with a hush as he walked over to Sherlock and checked his work.

"Wow... Well you've got them all right. Um, I can give you the sheet that Jim's doing but you might struggle..."

Sherlock rolled his eyes impatiently at the teachers underestimation of him. The old man handed the boy the sheet uncertainly, but Sherlock took it off of him with no thanks.

As class finished and the students started shoving everything into their bags hurriedly and scribbling down the latest homework issued, the teacher picked up Sherlock's maths book, checking the work he had just done on binomial expressions.

"Well! You've done very well indeed" he announced, his once small eyes now large in astonishment.

"It's wasn't exactly rocket science was it?" Sherlock replied inattentively, causing the teacher to walk off suddenly displeased and annoyed at the amount of way-too-intelligent kids he had had to deal with this morning.

The bell went suddenly and the students filed out of the classroom eagerly for break, Sherlock being the first out as he made a quick b-line for the door. He was to meet John outside of the classroom so he stood against the wall, restless for a smoke and some fresh air. The corridor was thin and bland, lacking any colour apart from a dull grey. It was thin too so it didn't take long for Sherlock to notice the tall figure leaning lazily up against the wall opposite him, their nicotine stained fingers drumming against the wall, obviously craving the satisfying intake of smoke through one's lungs.
It was none other than Sebastian Moran, staring at the classroom door waiting for Jim to come out of the lesson. All of the students had come out by now unravelling chocolate wrappers and opening drinks leaving Jim inside, probably moaning at the teacher about something.

To be expected he was the last one out, the corridor was now deserted and only Sebastian was there, leaning up the wall making Jim lick his lips and smirk as he sauntered out of the classroom, his hips swaying from side to side. Sebastian's face lit up at the sight of his friend and he immediately stopped tapping.

"Sebastian darling you know I don't like it when you slouch like that" he cooed, reaching up to rest a hand on the nape of the lighter haired boys neck, leaning up to press a-
Shit.
Jim turned quickly away from his 'friend', letting his hand slip away from his neck in one swift movement, only just realising that it wasn't just the two of them alone and that Sherlock was standing right there.
Sherlock smiled smugly as Jim quickly walked down the corridor, Seb following behind almost bumping into John who was walking the other way to meet Sherlock.