Chapter 6 - News Goes Around Like Hellfire

Votes and comments are appreciated as long as they are kept constructive not cruel! :D

As Sherlock had thought, gossip regarding that chemistry lesson with Jim had gone around the school like hellfire. Rumours had been posted around Facebook and it was hot topic of the whole year.

The kids at this school had always made a big deal out of nothing and had stretched the truth. Especially Irene Adler, who had been the source of all this gossip.

Sherlock himself wasn't the highlight of the rumours, most people had been talking about Jim and Sebastian. The pair were only making the gossip heavier too, as they were purposely rubbing their relationship into Sherlock's face. Well, Jim was, Sebastian just followed adoringly.

The following day after the incident, Sherlock had walked into school, the same bored expression smothered across his face. His long legs making big strides across the Tarmac and John found it hard to keep up as always.

They sat down in their usual places, for registration, receiving a few curious glances from the others, and a wide smirk from Irene. The girl had taken a liking to Sherlock and he never knew why. He supposed she wasn't that ordinary.

John had started tapping his fingers on the desk to some tune he'd been listening to all morning when Jim and Sebastian entered the room.

The whole class turned to see the pair hand in hand, a smirk dominating most of the smaller boy's face as he stared at Sherlock.

The curly haired boy returned that stare but with a more icy one. His pale blue eyes fixed onto those dark ones that were burning into him. The smirk never seemed to reach those eyes.

Sebastian was oblivious to this however, and as much as he was a very clever boy, and had a known talent for writing, he never realised what was going on silently between his boyfriend and the lanky student in the middle of the classroom.

Jim led the blonde to their usual seats, ignoring those inquisitive whispers coming from around him like the ever heard buzz of a bee's wings. Sebastian sat down with a smile and Jim climbed into his lap, wrapping his arms around his tanned neck. Kissing him passionately and purposefully, for Sherlock to see of course.

Sebastian melted into the kiss, and his hands found Jim's waist, holding them there. Always protecting the dark haired boy. He also knew they were receiving stares, but as long as he and Jim were happy, no one else mattered.

"It's so fucking obvious." Sherlock muttered, with gritted teeth. His eyes fixed on the pair.

"What is?" John frowned slightly.

"Those two. Jim has no feelings for Sebastian what so ever, he's using him."

John's frown deepened "what? Of course he does look at them for God sake. Why wouldn't he?"

"He's using him to help himself and to get at me." He assumed.

"Sherlock, why would he be so interested in you? You're not involved in everything you know." John scoffed, shaking his head lightly.

"No John, he is because he's realised how alike we are."

"What?"

Sherlock sighed impatiently "he's extremely clever and no one else seems to be. Apart from me obviously. He's just realised this and now he's trying to get my attention by making me jealous."

"But-"

"No questions, you don't understand, you're ordinary." He shushed.

John shook his head and started to talk about football with Greg, while Sherlock still glared at the couple in the far corner.

Jim pulled away after several minutes of kissing to lean his forehead against Sebastian's.

"Sebby."

"What?"

"I love you."

Whispers of mixed reactions started to buzz around the classroom again. Some of Sebastian's old rugby mates complaining about how disgusting this whole affair was. Some of the other girls grumbling as they were completely jealous of Jim, and Sebastian's infatuation with him. Other girls just chorused an "awww" finding the whole situation completely adorable.

"I love you too Jim" The blonde mumbled back, leaning in to kiss Jim again who eagerly kissed back.

That was when their tutor walked in, late as usual. She halted in her tracks at what she saw. Surprised, she spoke.

"What the-? Whatever it is you're doing boys, can you not carry on in a classroom? It is not a hotel!"

Breaking the kiss, Jim turned in his boyfriend's lap to meet the teacher's surprised look.

"It's called kissing miss."
Seb beamed.

"I don't care what it is, it will not be tolerated in a classroom!"

Jim slid off of Seb's lap as the bell rang, and they were dismissed.

.oOo.

First lesson was maths and Sherlock sat down in his usual place, expecting Molly to sit down next to him. Until Jim dramatically threw himself down on the chair, smiling at him, causing Sherlock to raise an eyebrow.

Sebastian wasn't in this lesson of course so Sherlock and Jim could finally talk.

"Are you jealous Sherlock?" Jim drawled, grinning at the taller boy.

"Jealous of what? You're so easy to read Moriarty."

Jim pouted mockingly "in what way?"

"You, using Sebastian like that, I almost feel sorry for him."

"I was purposely making it obvious, doofus."

"So you admit it?" Sherlock grinned.

"Oh no, I /love/ Sebastian. So strong, and so good for all of the jobs I need him for. Butttttt, he's not you, is he?" Jim hummed.

"Must have taken you ages to get him to be that adoring." Sherlock replied.

"Hm, yeah. Playing the star crossed lover is fun. I do love Seb, very attractive." He winked "but I do prefer brains to brawn."

Sherlock grinned.