Chapter 1: Introducing Sherlock Holmes

This is my first fic so please bear with me :)

It's September on a Monday morning in London, not the best time to be standing under a graffiti covered bus shelter in the unpleasant drizzle that occupies the sky. And that is where 16 year old Sherlock Holmes stands, rolling a small chip of concrete beneath his feet while a lit cigarette hangs loosely between his cold pale lips. A bored expression smothered across his face -god he deserves this cigarette, especially as it's now the morning rush hour. Business men scurry past him, obviously late for work. Shielding their heads from the rain using their thin useless coats that are worn for fashion these days, not practicality.

The roads are overwhelmed with the congestion of black taxis, buses and beeping cars and all Sherlock can hear is noise. Noise from the hurried phone calls made by the office workers on their way to work, noise from the young children, whining as their parents drag them along to school, and noise from the road. Not forgetting the light pitter-pattering of the half-hearted drizzle on the bus shelter no, even though it's completely drowned out by over powering morning traffic.

Sherlock has been summoned to the bus stop to meet his childhood friend John Watson on the way to his new school, after an experimental disaster caused him to be excluded from his previous snobbish boarding hell hole. He hated it anyway. Straight-laced, cloned pupils waking orderly through filed corridors, using their parents' high powered jobs to boost their intelligence. When really, they were just average. Dull.

Despite their brief parting due to Sherlock's parents forcing him to "follow in your dear brother's footsteps", Sherlock and John managed to stay the best of friends, seeing each other often as their houses were nearby. And now, much to both of the boys' delight, they were attending the same high school.
The rain turned from drizzle to a heavy shower in the matter of minutes, and Sherlock could hear it pounding off the bus shelter more fiercely now, the sound being clearer although the busy rush of Londoners and traffic was still the most prominent noise.

"Sherlock, hi!"

Sherlock was quickly pulled out of his trance when John walked swiftly down the street, apologising to various people as he dodged them and a significant number of puddles. Squinting up at the rain-filled sky, tainted with big, miserable, light grey clouds which made London look even more mundane than usual. However he did still wear that pleasant smile that Sherlock had always known him to have.

"John, I told you half past and it is now exactly 3 minutes past. I'm growing bored already." Sherlock sniffed, dropping his cigarette butt on the floor and squishing it beneath his school shoe.

"I'm sorry Sherlock, I didn't expect you to be this eager!"

Sherlock raised an eyebrow "John, I've been standing here in the pissing rain waiting for you!"

Shoving his hands deeply into his pocket, hunching up at the cold, John chuckled to himself at his friend's impatience. The taller boy then swiftly hoisted his bag a little more onto his shoulder, pushing himself forward into a brisk walk towards the school. John following behind, as usual, never quick enough for his friend's sudden, spontaneous movements.

. .oOo.
"John! Nice to see you again mate"

The boys turned round to see a cheery, average looking boy who immediately pulled John into a rough bro hug as they entered their form room. His uniform was a tad scruffy, he had obviously been playing football or some type of muddy sport this morning as his tie was dishevelled and there was a grass stain on his trouser leg. It was the first day of term for God sake!

"Greg! How was the football tournament. I saw the pictures on Facebook but I didn't know how you got on?" John replied slapping Greg on the back.

"Great thanks mate" his eyes then flicked to Sherlock's tall frame. "Who's this John?"