17장

"i'll be out now!" i said and greeted my coworkers goodbye.

my part-time work is scheduled during wednesdays, thursdays and fridays. even though the fair this week is something i must enjoy to the fullest, i couldn't ignore my job just like that. besides, there wasn't much to do this afternoon. tonight, however, is the night party the college kids are all looking forward for.

back in high school, i never understood how teens my age are so excited about being in college and having to attend such night party. as you may notice, i'm far from being a night life person. my lifestyle consisted of doing all activities in daytime, while i rest or  restlessly stay awake at night. there's just two reasons as to how i end up staying up late: academics and the boys (i meant jungwon and daniel; i keep forgetting i'm surrounded by more boys now).

"noona, are you going to the night party later?" jungwon asked when we were having dinner.

i shook my head in answer.

"i don't see any reason to go, anyway," i said.

"you really have to begin socializing again, noona. you're not getting older," dongkyu sighed, scolding me.

"true. i'm not getting older, but i'm no too old yet, you know? besides, i honestly don't feel like it,"

"you keep telling us to live the most out of our lives, yet you on the other handㅡ" jungwon continued the scolding.

"shush, child." i placed my index finger in front of my lips.

"noona, we're not children anymore." dongkyu complained.

"not for me," i shrugged.

"honestly, noona. go get some fun,"

"jungwon-ah, i said i'm fiㅡ"

the doorbell interrupted my reply.

what's with doorbells interrupting my talks?

jungwon went to get the door while dongkyu helped me clean up our dishes.

"hyung!" dongkyu called out when i was facing the sink.

i looked in front and saw sunghoon.

"you haven't prepared yet?" he asked.

"prepared? for what?"

"the night party, of course. i came to fetch you,"

"who said i was going to the night party?"

"i did," dongkyu replied.

"what?"

"you're leading a boring life, noona. no offense meant. i told the hyungs earlier to take you with them to the night party, that's why jungwon hyung and i kept pestering you about it," he explained.

"but i'm really fine! going to night parties isn't a compulsory task for life, right?"

"but you're at the prime of your youth and still is missing a lot, noona," jungwon retorted.

"fine, fine. just so you could stop scolding me about my dull lifestyle, i'll go prepare now. you," i pointed at sunghoon, "wait here," and i left for my room.

i scanned my closet for an outfit. although the boys may say i lead a boring life, i have a decent variety of clothes i can wore in case i'm put into sitiations like this. i picked a cropped off-shoulder top with flared sleeves, a mini skirt and ankle boots. i had some accessories lying around unused due to my lack of exposure to social events so i put some on. i don't really like putting on makeup, but i learned a bit about it through youtube and i applied these learnings tonight. i took a look at myself in the mirror and felt a little shy with how different this skin exposure is to my usual conservative outfits.