14장

two weeks of preparation has already passed. the days when the campus was filled with students all over the place holding onto art materials and making whatever they plan on displaying for the coming fair was coning to a close. excitement and anticipation filled the air as the opening is just one day away.

i routinely buy groceries on saturdays, but today's already sunday and i havent stocked up our supplies yet. i stayed at home yesterday when i was supposed to go out to the mart.

the reason i had to move my grocery shopping to sunday was dongkyu's fever. for the past two weeks, the dance crew's practices became even more tighter and longer, often ending at nine in the evening. it rained hard from around eight in the evening and i anxiously waited for the boys. as far as i know, those two do not bother bringing any umbrellas with them. as expected, both domgkyu and jungwon went home on friday night drenched in the rain.

the next morning, the two was sneezing and coughing bad. dongkyu and jungwon must've caught the cold. the difference was, dongkyu's temperature kept rising over time. he had caught the flu while jungwon suffered from a simple cold. i let them rest for the whole day, cooking meals that are easier to digest and filling separate drinking bottles with water and some slices of citrus. jungwon was able to manage by himself because he didn't suffer so bad, but it was different with dongkyu. i instantly became the his nurse, tending to his needs. when sick, dongkyu literally embodies the 'baby bro' character ㅡ extra clingy, affectionate amd whiny.

"noona... don't leave me,"

"hug me, noona..."

"noooo! i don't wanna! that medicine's so bitter!"

these were some proof of dongkyu getting baby-y while sick.

i felt bad watching the two suffer from their sickness. jungwon may have not endured the fever, but a simple cold can still lead to complications when not medicated sooner. i knew them getting sick could have been avoided, if only i became more vigilant. i could've reminded them to bring umbrellas everyday, take their vitamins and to always check the weather forecast for weather changes ㅡ but i always end up forgetting.

today, dongkyu overcame his fever. jungwon's cold was also getting better. jungwon wanted to come shop with me, insisting he was in a better condition and that i needed a 'man' to carry the groceries. as much as i love the offer, i couldn't afford his cold relapsing. besides, jungwon and dongkyu will always be my adorable babies, thus i cannot completely agree with jungwon describing himself as a man. i wouldn't want to crush his self-esteem in any way, so i did not comment on it and will probably never do. the two of them know all too well that they are and will always be my babies.

my first stop was the traditional market where i bought meat and vegetables. i went home right after to leave the commodities i have bought and transfer to my next stop ㅡ the mart.

i paced around the alleys of the mart, placing goods that i find was necessary for the coming week inside my cart. i didn't end up buying much because our basic supplies tend to last longer since there's just three of us at home. i only took about half an hour inside the mart before i was done.

on my way back to the apartment, i encountered a girl who was seemingly struggled on walking. she wasn't walking clumsily or anything, it's just that her walk looked too slow and unsteady.

being the concerned citizen that i am, i did not hesitate to hasten my steps and come near to her. i did not even care if i looked too nosy.

"hi, do you feel unwell?" i said, startling the girl.

"i...um, i'm having a migraine attack and i don't feel okay," she shyly replied.

the girl seemed to be younger than me, perhaps around dongkyu's age, and had an adorable round face. she wore glasses, adding loveliness to her appearance. i felt the shy demeanor radiate from her.

"were you on your way home, by any chance?"

"y-yes. our house is just a few blocks away,"

"do you mind if i walk you home? i don't think it's best for you to walk alone in that condition," she girl agreed.

we walked ahead, the same path passing our apartment. we took a turn on a street, as per her instructions and we were able to reach their home. she also lived in an apartment complex, approximately one block away from hours.

after living for so long, i still could't get myself familiar with neighbors who live around the area except for the ones in our complex. i can only recognize their faces. honestly, i don't really spend a lot of time outside when it's unnecessary so it isn't quite a surprise for me to be unfamiliar with people in this area.

"u-umm... we're here, unnie," she informed me.

"well, i guess this is where i'll leave. take care of yourself, okay? rest well!" i said with a smile.

before i could turn away, the girl called out my name.

"i'm yeji, park yeji. m-may i know your name, unnie?" shyly asking, she tried to meet my eyes.

"i'm eunhye. it's my pleasure to assist you, yeji," i flashed her a smile.

the door of their apartment opened and a lady stepped out.

"yeji-ah! where have you been? didn't i tell you to wait for your brother if you badly want to go out?" the lady exclaimed.

for some reason, i couldn't leave at this moment.

"you were out, eomma. oppa isn't home yet. i went out to buy medicine. i'm having another migraine attack again and this sister walked me home when she saw me struggling to walk," she retells as she glanced at me.

the lady also looked at me and the bag of groceries in my hand.

"oh, dear. i apologize for the inconvenience yeji have caused,"

"no, no. it's absolutely alright. i'm glad to be of help to yeji,"

"can i do anything to repay your kindness?"

"no need, eommeoni. please just look after yeji, her migraine seems to be bad and i think she needs to rest now," i smiled at the lady.

"thank you so much, dear," she flashed me a gentle smile.

"you're welcome, eommeoni," i said and bowed politely.

as i walked away, i could still faintly hear the lady talking.

"this is why i don't support your brother's dancing, he comes home so late! it would've been fine if he stayed out late to skate, but he abandoned that career. i just wish i understand sunghoon better,"

sunghoon? did she say sunghoon?