P̷̡̎à̶̖r̶͓̓t̸̞̿ ̵̺͗2̸̮̃0̵̱̓

Spencer almost finishes a bit of rewiring on her glove inhibitor prototype when something turns her around and... hugs her. She blinks for a few moments to process what just happened to her. Someone was hugging her. Not just anyone.

      Tony.

      Anxiety swells in her chest and she almost pushes him away. Almost. Something stops her. A strange pang in her chest. A pang she doesn't know how to feel about. A pang that makes her want to cry. To give into the warmth around her and just cry. God, she wanted to cry. She wanted to hug her father so tightly and never let go. She wanted her dad.

      Spencer doesn't even realise she is sobbing. Or that her arms were wrapped tightly around her father. The two of them clutch each other, sobbing. Belting out heart wrenching sobs, that almost hurt. "My baby girl..." Spencer sobs and nods. She digs her face into the crook of his neck and smiles. She hasn't felt like this since before her mother died.

      She hasn't felt the love of a parent in so long. It felt so good. She never wanted it to end. She doesn't want to leave him. The years of hatred toward him wash over her. She feels fresh. Like a massive weight on her soul had been lifted and she was now on top of it. Like she was on top of the world.

      Tony can't even express how he feels. All his life he felt empty. He thought that booze and women and stupid desitions would fix that, but nothing ever really worked. After the cave he thought Iron Man would fill his soul. Make him feel whole, but no matter how many lives he saved. No matter how many people he inspired, nothing worked.

      Nothing until Spencer. The moment he met her the hole in his chest started to fill. He was so confused by the feeling it gave him that he second guessed it as anger. Anger and resentment for the 17 year old girl that had managed to best him in every way possible. The girl that made him feel light, like his soul had been cleansed of any wrong or bad thought.

      The girl that was his daughter. The missing piece of his life that he never knew was missing. The girl that made him break down into tears the moment they touched. The girl who had been hurt so much and still, kept fighting. Fighting for people like her and trying to fix the horrible, horrible world they lived in. A true hero.

      Spencer Stark. The girl he would fight the universe for. His daughter. And the hole in his chest was full.

›°‹

      The Avengers all tear up as they watch Spencer and Tony cry. They had fallen to the floor, and held onto each other. Held onto each other so tightly, that they worried one of them would get hurt.

      Tony strokes Spencer's hair and hides his face in it. Natasha smiles softly at the two of them. "They needed each other so badly, and they never even knew it." Steve nods and puts his arm around Natasha. Wanda has tears streaming down her face. Ever since she entered Spencer's mind, she's been connected to her.

      Felt what she did. And what she feels right now is pure happiness and relief. Relief after years of being so alone. Pietro hugs his sister and smiles at her. Wanda laughs happily and wipes away the tears.

›°‹

      Spencer had fallen asleep among the tears. Whimpering every so often as the tears in her eyes started to slow. Tony realized this and smiled at his sleeping daughter. She was beautiful. Just like her mother. Tony brushes a piece of wet hair out of Spencer's face. For once in his life he was happy that someone was smarter than him. His daughter was smarter than him and it made him swell with pride.

      Tony picks Spencer up from the ground and leaves the lab with her in his arms. He carries her to her room and lays her down under the blankets. He notices a lump under the blankets and frowns, pulling it out. Tony stares at the stuffed blue bear and chuckles. It was Pheobe's. Tony remembers the first time he had spent the night with her she had a stuffed blue bear.

      He made fun of her for it but all Phoebe could say was, "Oh stop. Everyone has something they sleep with. When I have a child, I will give them this and they will use it even years after their childhood too." Tony smiles at the memory and looks at Spencer. He places the bear into her hands and she clutches to it

      Tony watches her for a few minutes more, then stands and tries to walk out of the room. Something grabs his hand and he stops. Spencer was holding his hand. She lazily signs 'Stay' and Tony smiles. He lays on the bed and Spencer wraps her arms around him.

      Tony smiles and closes his eyes.

›°‹

      A man with round glasses smiles softly as he watches from above. He's been watching for years now. Waiting for this moment. So has she. A woman with dark black hair and blazing blue eyes stands next to the man. They watch together and smile.

      "He didn't waste it." The man says as he smiles sadly.

      The woman hums. "And she never stopped fighting." She smiles down, then several more figures appear around them. A man and woman hold each other as they stare down, happiness surrounds them, then slowly everyone fades away. Their purposes fulfilled.

I'M NOT CRYING,

YOU ARE.

SERIOUSLY THOUGH. I CRIED WRITING THIS.

SORRY IT'S SO SHORT. I EXPANDED ON IT AS MUCH AS I COULD, BUT I WANTED IT TO END A CERTAIN WAY.

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED.

I SURE AS HELL DID.

I'M NOT SURE HOW MUCH LONGER THIS IS GOING TO LAST. I MIGHT JUST GO TO 25 PARTS, OR EVEN 30 IF I CAN FIND A GOOD PLOT POINT TO END ON.

MAYBE WITH LIKE A HUGE FIGHT OR--

LE GASP

I JUST CAME UP WITH THE ENDING.

HOLY SHIT

OHHHHH

IT'S GOING TO BE SO GOOD.

OMG

I'M FANGIRLING OVER MY OWN WRITING

HOW EGOTISTICAL IS THAT?

AHHHHHHHH

OKAY, SO YEAH WRITING THIS NOTE I CAME UP WITH THE FINAL PLOT. UMMM

OKAY THEN.

I GTG

GOT WRITING TO DO

BYE