P̶̰̔à̴̹r̷͕̀ṯ̵͝ ̶̖͠1̷̫͋2̷̲̇

Spencer's eyes snap open as a shock runs through her body. A screen is shoved in her face. 'We know who you are'. She looks at the man holding the tablet and scowls. He types into the tablet and shows it to her. 'You are going to work for us' Spencer groans and looks away. She gets shocked again. Longer this time. She whimpers. 'You are going to recreate what you cost us'. She raises an eyebrow. 'A super soldier'.

What? They wanted her to recreate the super soldier serum? What makes them think she can do that?
I mean, she could, but what got them believing it?

She spits at the man, and he wipes it away. He nods at another figure in the room. 'I guess you'll have to do with some convincing'. The man in the shadows steps forward, and along with him, a cart of sharp instruments.

Spencer's eyes widen and she fights against the restraints. The man picks up a serrated blade and drags it across Spencer's skin.

Her screams can be heard throughout the entire base.

Tony found nothing at the address. He had FRIDAY scan everything. He means everything. The trees, the bushes, under rocks. He was hoping for anything, anything at all that would lead him to Spencer. But there was nothing.

He felt defeated. Defeated and pissed. He didn't know what to do, or what their next play was.

"We'll find her Tony." Steve says as he looks around the barron area. "How do you know that Rogers? Huh?" Steve sighs and places a hand on Tony's shoulder. "I have hope." Tony scoffs and shrugs his hand off. "Hope. Yeah that'll find her."

Tony had sent Peter back to New York. He told the eager spider that he needed someone at homebase to keep an eye on things. It was a good excuse but not the real reason he sent the boy off. He wanted him safe. Something that Spencer was far from.

He couldn't imagine what she was going through. What they were doing to her. Why they wanted her.

The team sits in anticipation. A few of them were pacing about. Natasha had left to "speak" to some of her HYDRA connections. See if that could pull some results. "This is all my fault." Bucky mutters solemnly. Steve sighs and sits by his friend. "No it's not. She helped you on her own accord. The only thing to blame is HYDRA." Bucky looks away. That doesn't mean he can't feel ashamed.

Natasha strolls into the room. Steve raises an eyebrow at the blood on her hands, but doesn't ask. "Anything?" She walks over to the sink. "No. I came up empty. Everyone I spoke to was too low in the chain of command." Natasha turns around. "We need to find her."

"We know."

She shakes her head. "No. It's important we do. There's something about her that only I know." She intentionally leaves Pepper out. "And if we don't find her, I don't want to be the one to tell Stark. I'd prefer she does on her own." They all stare at her, but Natasha keeps her mouth shut.

Spencer pants as the man pulls back on the blade. She went through hours of cutting, gouging, prodding. She was in pain. More pain than she could have ever imagined. He'd pumped her with a blood coagulant, so she wouldn't bleed to death. She felt woozy and out of it.

The man reaches down to continue his work, but the door opening stops him. The man from before walks up to her and shows her the tablet. 'Have you reconsidered? Or does my friend need to continue?' Spencer sobs. No. She doesn't want any more of this. She nods and the man smiles. Two other men walk into the room and start wrapping her cuts. They were in no way gentle and did sloppy jobs but then everyone left the room.

Spencer turns her face away and cries. She's never wanted to see her father so badly.

Spencer wakes in a new room. It was similar to a lab. She notices a significant difference. She wasn't strapped down. They had laid her against a wall. Spencer painfully pulls herself up and hobbles over to the table, using it as a crutch. On it there is a note. 'Do it, or you die'. She raises an eyebrow at the ability to be so blunt.

There are several vials along the table, but one catches her eye. No way... She grabs it and the green viquid slides around in the vial. She heard about it, but she thought it was destroyed when Erskine was killed. The key ingredient to the Super Soldier Serum.

Decides to look around the room a bit. They supplied her with no chair, which meant standing on her legs which were littered with cuts. It made her sad to face the fact that - if she actually survived - they would turn into nasty scars. They didn't bother to stitch her up, so there was no hope of ever looking normal again.

The door was bolted shut, so escaping through there. She reaches up to touch the door and is shocked. Her hands find her neck and Spencer becomes nauseous. They put a shock collar on her. They put a fucking shock collar on her, like she was some sort of animal.

She starts beating on the door. Clawing at it, and yelling at the top of her lungs. She sobs and falls to the floor. Her hands were bloody, and she practically had no more nails.

Eventually Spencer stops crying and starts to work on the serum. She wasn't so stupid to have not noticed the camera pointed at her. She had an idea for that later, but for now she needed to work.

It was almost laughable how stupid HYDRA was. They thought that by hurting Spencer that she would cave that easily? No. She had a plan. She'd make the serum, but was going to add a twist.

It's amazing how much a little static electricity could change a formula.