P̶̗̈́a̴͕̕r̶̖͠ť̸͇ ̵͈͋7̸̗̏

"Are you ready to meet the rest of the team?" Clint asks as they lead her to the communal floor. "Sure." No, Spencer was not ready. She hated every part of being here. Being near him.

"Guys, this is Spencer," Spencer looks around the room. Black Widow, The Falcon, War Machine, Ant Man, and Thor. She feels like a cage animal about to be brought to the slaughter house.

"Also known as The Mute." Spencer doesn't need to hear to know Clint just told them who she was. Their faces read a clear message.

Thor walks up to Spencer. She can tell he's saying something, but she was too busy staring at his outstretched hand. Thor stares at her oddly, waiting for her to shake his hand. Sam sees the look of fear in her eyes and pulls Thor away. "She doesn't like to be touched." He's seen a lot of vets at the VA who had that same look in their eyes.

"You're The Mute?" Spencer bites her lip and looks at Natasha. She quickly signs that she is deaf and Natasha nods. "You're the Mute?"

Spencer stares at her for a moment. She wasn't aware that Natasha knew sign, but then again she was Barton's partner so maybe he taught her. "I am."

The elevator opens and Steve and Bucky walk in. The other Avengers talk and Spencer takes this moment to sneak off. She has something she needs to do.

Tony leans in the doorway of his lab. FRIDAY had alerted him that someone had somehow gotten in through the DNA lock, and he rushed over to find Spencer. He was going to kick her out, but then he saw what she was doing. Looking into Barnes. He decided to not interrupt, mostly because he wanted to know how she worked.

She had effortlessly hacked into the pentagon to get their sealed files. Eventually she started printing out the files and putting them into a folder. Tony slips away before she sees him and watches as she makes her way back up to the communal floor.

Spencer taps Bucky's shoulder. He turns around and she hands him the massive file. He stares at it, and when he tries to thank Spencer, she was already walking away. "What is it?" Bucky opens the file. "I asked her to look into my past."

A yellow sticky note is plastered to the first page of the file. Bucky picks it up. "Remember: You are not what they wanted you to be." Steve smiles and pats Bucky's back. They open the packet and begin reading it together.

Spencer later finds herself on the roof. She takes her time to get her anxiety under control. To be honest, she's never seen the city from this high up. She could see everything, including the flashing lights of a police car off in the distance. She watches as a figure swings through the buildings. Spiderman. Spencer purses her lips, and decides on finding out his identity later.

Tony rubs his temples in frustration. He can't take his mind off Spencer. Her eyes were haunting him. "What's wrong Tony?" Pepper's hand glides across Tony's back. He shakes his head. "Spencer," Tony huffs. "Something about her is nagging at me." He makes a face of frustration. "It's almost familiar. I just can't put my finger on it."

Pepper purses her lips. "Maybe you used to know her?" Tony shakes his head. "No, it's almost like I'm looking at the ghost of someone I used to know." Pepper sighs, and her eyes dart back and forth in thought.

"Maybe-" She bites her lip a bit. "Do you have a picture of her?" Tony nods. FRIDAY logs the face of everyone who enters and exits the building. Spencer's pale face appears on the screen. Pepper stares at the girl. Tony was right. Something about her was familiar.

"Huh." She leans on the table and stares at the photo. "You're right." Pepper points at Spencer's eyes. "It's her eyes that really hit me." Tony nods. "Well, at least I know I'm not crazy now."

Pepper's eyes narrow. She looks between Tony and the picture of Spencer. "She kind of looks like you." Tony's eyes narrow. "You think?" He tilts his head. "I don't see it." Tony pulls up a picture of himself and puts it next to Spencer. "Huh."

Tony had to admit; They did have similarities. Pepper turns off the holo screen and Tony pouts. "Enough work. That little girl needs a place to sleep." Tony grumbles and walks off.

Pepper's eyes linger at where the photos were. She has a theory- But she could be wrong. Very wrong. She walks out of the lab. She has to look into something.

Tony had eventually brought Spencer to the room she would be staying in. It wasn't too special, well, not to Tony at least. To Spencer it was a penthouse suite. She gently guides her fingers over the soft comforter and sits on it. Tony leaves the room and Spencer takes out her laptop.

She delves into the many incriminating news articles from the Daily Bugle and goes back to the first sighting of Spiderman. An unidentified man had - in the Bugle's eyes - tried to impede a police car chase.

Spencer then looks into recent deaths for tragic events within the week before the first report. There were alot of results, so Spencer ties in physical descriptions of Spiderman to victims, or the family of victims. One result appears. The death of Ben Parker. Ben had been acting guardian of a (at the time) 14 year old Peter Parker.

Spencer then dives into Peter's life. His father was a scientist at Oscorp Industries. His studies were focused on Cross Species Genetics, and his top test subjects were... Spiders. Spencer dug deeper and found that Richard had infused the spiders with his DNA, so she figured maybe Peter had gotten bitted by one giving him his abilities.

Peter was one of the top students at Midtown High. Spencer was a bit jealous. She never got to experience high school.

Spencer eventually closes her laptop and falls asleep on the bed. It's been a long couple of days.