Hey, Assbutt!

The first thing I became aware of, was a pounding in my head. I clenched my eyes, trying to be rid of it, but it only got worse. Then came the bright light that blinded me, even though my eyes were closed. My face started to warm, as if the sun was shining on it. That's funny, I remember closing my curtains. I was sure I did.

"Rise and shine, sleepy head," a familiar voice called.

I opening my eyes and slowly sat up, blinking rapidly to get the sleep out of my eyes. My vision focused and I made out the figure of Damon. He had his back turned to me, and was going through the stuff on my dresser.

"What do you want?" I asked, rubbing my face.

"You're late for school." Damon looked at me through the mirror and smirked. He held up a necklace. "Didn't I get you this a few years ago?"

"Your point?" I asked. He shrugged and continued to roam through my stuff. "And your statement implied that I cared if I was late. I don't intend on going to school like, ever."

"But you have such a bright future ahead of you," Damon said mockingly.

"Seriously, what do you want?" I asked flatly. "I have a hangover, and some much needed sleep to get back to. Can't you go bother someone else who cares?"

Damon clutched his heart and made a pained face. "Your words wound me."

"Close the curtains on the way out," I ordered. "Seeing how you so rudely opened them."

Damon turned around and grinned at me. "Why would I do that when I'm having so much fun talking to you?"

I gave him a flat look. "If this is some kind of reverse psychology thing you're using to try and get me to feel again, I suggest you give up. You're failing miserably."

"Why would I do that? You're so much more fun as a cold hearted bitch," Damon smirked.

"I'm going to take that as a compliment."

Realising that sleep was no longer an option, I threw my covers back and stood up, trying to block out the pain in my head. Never binge drinking again. EVER. It sucked. I stretched and heard a few bones crack satisfyingly.

I turn to Damon and raised an eyebrow. "This is the part where you leave so I can get dressed."

Damon just looked at me, making no move to leave. I sighed and shrugged, not really bothered by it. I walked into my closet and stripped down, changing into black denim high-waisted shorts over opaque black stockings and an over-sized cream sweater. I wrapped a loose scarf around my neck and pulled on my favourite pair of lace up ankle boots.

When I returned to my room, Damon was still there, and he looked up at me expectantly.

"Do you know anything about the five yet?" he asked.

"Should I?" I asked.

"Well, yeah, considering you're the only one who's all buddy-buddy with Klaus," Damon stated.

I raised my eyebrows. "What concern does it have with me?"

"Don't tell me you're going to start this whole, 'I don't care so I won't help,' thing." Damon rolled his eyes.

I frowned. "Well, I don't, and I see no reason to, so why waste my time?"

"You aren't the tiniest bit curious about what it is? I mean, if Klaus is keeping Connor alive, it must be important." Damon looked somewhat triumphant, as if having pointed out a crucial fact that I didn't know.

"You're right, I am curious. But not that curious," I smiled. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have some errands to run."

"Oh? And what are they?"