The Bro-Code

"Damon!" I called, walking into the living room.

It was Monday morning, and I couldn't find my keys. The last time I checked, Damon had been in his room, but he'd disappeared.

"Damon!" I called louder.

No reply.

"So help me, I will-"

"He's not here."

I turned to see Stefan enter the room.

"Ah. The little bastard snuck off on me," I glared. "I think it was because I tried to put lipstick on him. Oh, how I torture him."

"How cute," Stefan smirked sarcastically. "Damon would look great with lipstick."

"He didn't think so. Where's Mia?"

"She stole your keys and went to school because you were taking too long," Stefan answered, pouring himself a drink.

"God dammit!" I cursed. "She always does this to me. So much for the love in this family."

Stefan scoffed. "I'd hardly call this a family."

"Come on Stef, we're bro's. We may not blood related, but we share an amazing brotherly bond," I insisted.

"And you're related to the Original vampires, two of which don't particularly like me or my brother, who you are currently dating," Stefan concluding. "Oh, and did I mention the girl walking around claiming to be your twin, but is actually your spirit self?

"You make it sound so complicated." I rolled my eyes. "And that still doesn't change our bromance. We were born to be bro's."

"If you say so."

"So with this whole 'not caring' thing... You're still my bestie, right?" I asked. "Because, I remember way back in the day, and you were all ripper like, you still cared whether or not if I died. I mean, remember that vampire you killed because he tried to eat me?"

"Yes, I've shut my emotions off, no thanks to Klaus, but I may still have a soft spot for you. After all, we have known each other for a decade and a half."

"Yes! Score one for Marni!" I cheered. "So we're still bro's?"

"Yes."

"Great! I need you to give me a ride to school," I announced. "I have no car."

"Hmm... I'd really rather stay home."

"Come on! What about all the times I gave you a lift to school, huh?" I asked.

"If I can remember correctly, it was always me giving you a ride to school," Stefan corrected.

"That is so not the point Stefan." I gave him puppy dog eyes. "Please?"

"Fine. It's about time I had breakfast anyway," he smirked.

"Yep. Ruined the moment," I said flatly. "Just because you're all ripper style now, doesn't mean you can't be a normal vampire and drink from blood bags. Ugh, like yesterday, that girl left blood on the carpet! Do you know how hard that was to clean? Granted, I used magic, but that's not the point."

"Fine, I won't make such a mess this time."

I sighed.

-

"So does Elena know you're back yet?" I asked as we drove.

"I would've thought you or Damon told her," Stefan replied.

"I haven't, and I don't think Damon has."

Stefan shrugged. "Her loss. But I'd rather you didn't tell her. What with her being clingly and all. If she found out, she's bound to come to our place, and I don't feel like putting up with another person whining about how I have to turn my humanity back on."