Four For You Glenn Cocoa

"WE, ARE NEVER, EVER, EVER! GETTING BACK TOGETHER," I sung into my hairbrush as Taylor Swift blared out of the speakers hooked up to my laptop.

It was about one in the morning, and Klaus and I were still the only one's left. Kol and Rebekah's whereabouts were unknown, and Elijah had sent Klaus a text saying he wouldn't be home for a few days. 

When Klaus and I had arrived here, the first place I'd gone after I unpacked my stuff was to the liquor cabinet Klaus kept downstairs. And here we are. 

"WEEEE! ARE NEVER, EVER, EVER! GETTING BACK TOGETHER!"

Ah, Taylor Swift, you understand me more than anyone. Although, I've never cried on my guitar, and I'm not in love with the next door neighbor. Did we even have a next door neighbor? Maybe they all participated in the Hunger Games and died. AHH I MISS RUE. 

Just as I was rolling on the ground like a dying whale making grotesque sobbing noises, my laptop made a beeping noise. I stopped what I was doing and looked up.

Your battery is low (7%). Find another battery source OR THE WORLD WILL BURN AND YOU WILL ALL DIE!!!

Okay, so it didn't really say that, but it may as well have.

"NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I shot up off the groud and started digging around for my laptop charger. I then face palmed as I realised I'd left it at the boarding house. "OH JUST GO DIE!" I raged at the world. Then, a thought struck me. Klaus' laptop had the same charger as mine. I'd seen it down stairs yesterday.

With a new found hope, I sprinted out of my room and down the hallway. I got about halfway down the stairs before I leaped, the landing not phasing me as I tore towards the living room. Instead of entering the room like a normal person, I ninja dove over the couch and landed in a roll before coming back up on my feet. I saw the charger and pulled it out of the socket in the wall. 

I clutched it to my chest and I ran back out of the room. I was about two steps from the doorway when I stopped and backtracked back into the room. I realised now, that it wasn't vacant. There was someone standing by the wall. An attractive someone.

"Why hello there," I grinned.

The someone in question, was male, and looked to be about eighteen, nineteen. He had light brown hair cropped short that swooped to the left. His eyes were a brilliant bright blue, and they twinkled. I mean, actually twinkled. He had soft, lightly tan skin and an easy smile on his face, showing his amusement at me.

He was so pretty. Was this an early Christmas present? The boy had his hands shoved into his black jeans, and a shirt that says I like your shoe laces. My breathing stopped, and I just stared at him. No. Way.

"I got them from the President!" I blurted.

The boy looked slightly surprised by my statement, and just as he was about to reply, a voice cut him off.

"Ignore my little sister," Klaus said, walking into the room. "She's not very sober at the moment." He looked at me. "Marni, this is Kaden, my number one hybrid."

"Pleasure to meet you," Kaden smiled at me. I almost died. I was just about ready to lie on the ground and hug his feet.

He had an English accent.

Not even possible.  I just- HOW? How did this perfection stumble into my living room?

"I love you," I whispered. Both Kaden and Klaus rose eyebrows and I quickly covered. "...You beautiful couch." I turned to the couch and kneeled down, hugging it. "It's just you and me, babe. Forever."