Chapter 4

Afraid to Love

I turn away

         and close my heart-

         to the promise of love

         that is luring.

For the past has taught

         to not be caught,

        in what is not

         worth pursuing-

To never do

         the things I've done

         that once had led

         to my undoing.

- Lang Leav

"Here," Mew said while handing Gulf a cup of hot americano he bought at the vending machine. He then settled himself down beside Gulf, who kept his mouth shut ever since they left Mild's room.

Gulf must be thinking about the suggestion from the doctor and honestly, Mew certainly had no problems giving the bearer another child. If that is the only way to save his son, he would be willing to do that.

But he knew, that would not simply happen considering the situation they are in.

It was complicated.

Everything was.

They are neither husbands nor lovers. The latter hates him and now they are talking about another baby?

Mew tilted his head sideways to stare at the said man. There was a distant look in his eyes, his figure is there but his thought is elsewhere. Doctors, nurses, and patients walking past them didn't manage to distract Gulf from his thoughts.

"What do we do now?" Gulf asked, almost whispering, breaking the silence engulfing them for the past 15 minutes.

"It's up to you, Gulf. If you want to listen to Mild, then I'm up for it," Mew replied.