Chapter 10

Three weeks later, Liam's condition worsened; at this point, they could only pray for the boy to breathe for one more day. Liam was instructed to have strict bed rest in the hospital. It was his fourth chemotherapy session, and it was chaotic convincing the boy to go through them. The pain, daily nausea, losing weight, and vomiting only weakened the boy as days passed.

"Papa, please. I don't want to go," Liam whimpered, letting Gulf hug his trembling form, and he cried, not minding everyone who saw this little scene.

"Please just don't let them touch me anymore. It's enough. It hurts," Liam begged with tears streaming down his face.

Gulf was trying so hard to hide his tears of pain and continue whispering sweet yet empty promises. He almost broke down in front of his son. It was too painful to see the boy begging him to stop the treatment, yet Gulf was selfish.

He knew Liam was in so much pain, but he wanted the boy to recover.

A pessimistic side of him knew nothing was enough to save his love. He knew that whatever they were all doing wasn't a way to stop it. If anything, it was just to make him live longer, even if it was painful and torturous. But he wanted to keep this up. He tried to keep Liam alive, even if just for another second.

***

And it wasn't easy on Mew's side either to take care of Gulf, Liam, and their unborn baby. It took more than simply convincing and pleading for Mew to be able to make Gulf follow him home to rest for the night and let his mom take care of Liam every time the poor boy went through chemotherapy session on the day. His phone was no longer seen without the charger because every hour he was away at work, he would call and make sure Liam was fine, and Gulf had his proper meal.

His daily routine was definite like before; home, hospital, Lily's school, office.

That night, after a hard day of catching up with his work, dragging himself to Liam's private ward together with Lily.