Chapter 23

................Time Skip..............

Chuck POV
No, I thought as Bruce pointed the gun, so I closed my eyes and pushed y/n out of the way. When I opened my eyes there was a red spot on my shirt that was expanding. Oh, it hurt so much, I couldn't stand it anymore. Bruce wasn't happy, he repointed the gun at y/n but Minho was quicker. He grabbed a spear and shot him right in the face. y/n crouched beside me "oh my god Chuck, you'll be okay. You'll be fine," she repeated. I knew I wouldn't make it. The pain was too great and I could feel myself start to slip. Thomas dropped to my side, "thank you," I whispered as I felt my body shut off.

y/n POV
No, Chuck, he was like a little brother to me. All of a sudden people came rushing into the room and telling us to get out. I got up and joined the rest of everyone. Thomas was refusing to come, he wanted them to save Chuck. "Thomas," I yelled. We ran out into the blazing sun to a helicopter when some of the people started yelling cranks and started firing their guns. Once we were up in the copter we could see the maze, and it was huge. We were all examining the maze when one of the guys spoke up "don't worry it's over you're safe now." Although that was not the case, there was still so much to come and our lives would never be the same.

WCKD POV
"The children have successfully completed the maze trials. A lot more survived than we thought but that just means more opportunities for a breakthrough. Thank you for believing in us and now it's time to begin the Scorch trials." Ava Paige announced to the board room. "I hope you are all ready and remember WCKD is good."

The end of the first maze runner book in my series. I hope you guys enjoyed the first book, I'll let you guys know when I finish/post the second book.