Papes (Les x Reader)

Every time I think of Les, I think of this picture

So you are younger in this one so let's say Les is 10? Almost. So you're 8. So if you're older than 8 too bad. You're 8 now haha

This was also kind of inspired by the Greatest Showman, sooooo there are some definite similarities

Request by the lovely: Ashitoba
Also b-way version and your name is Sally. If you know, then you know

    It was about 12 o'clock in the afternoon as you were walking with your mother and father back from the store.

"Sally, be a dear and go get your father a newspaper." You mother said handing you a nickel. You nod as you go find the closest newsboy. After looking for a few seconds, you hear a voice yelling a headline. You make your way over to the voice, you see a boy about your age and two older boy with him. 

"I'd like to buy a paper, please" you ask the younger boy. He smiles, as he hands you one of his papers from his stack.

"Here you go!" He smiles as you hand him the nickel.

You had bought a paper from this boy everyday for the next week and every time you went up to him the older two boys would laugh a bit, you weren't sure why but that didn't matter. On the fifth day you decided you were going to actually try to have a conversation with him, other than exchanging goods.

"So miss, would you like a pape today?" The little boy asked as you marched up to him.

"I would, yes please!" You say handing him a nickel.

"Can I ask, what is your name?" You ask the boy.

"Oh, I'm Les!" He says spitting in his hand and extending it to you.

"Woah! Woah, Les, never do that to a lady." A boy in a blue shirt says moving Les' hand back from you.

"Sorry miss, that's kind of a thing us Newises do." He said laughing it off. You nod starting to walk off.

"Wait!" Les shouts as you turn back around. "I never got your name." He says

"Oh, I'm Sally." You say as you turn back around.

"When will I see you again?" He asks

"Sometime." you say smiling 

Time skip of about 2? years

You and Les had continued to hang out together. You both had grown close. One afternoon you were both sitting in the park.

"Sally?! Is that you?" You heard a familiar voice call. You stood up from the bench, turning to see your father.

"Who is this boy?" You father asks starting to sound angry.

"Just a friend father." You say looking to the ground

"Where on earth have you been all day?" She asks.

"Just, been with Les." You mumble

"Don't mumble! I need a real answer!" Your father says

"She's been with me, sir." Les enters the conversation.

"Well, thank you for your honesty." Your father says walking up to Les, your fathers lifts his hand and slaps Les in the face. You gasp and cover you mouth with your hand watching it happen.

"Let's go Sally." Your father says grabbing your wrist and pulling you along his side. You look back to see Les rubbing his cheek.

Time skip another 2? years

Your father had sent you away to boarding school, claiming you needed to learn how to act civilized. You and Les wrote letters back and forth every week. He was telling you all about the strike how he couldn't wait until you got back to see him.

The day finally arrived, you were now 12 and you believed Les was 12 or 13, if his birthday hadn't passed already. You stepped out of the carriage looking around the busy New York streets. You heard a voice, one that sounded familiar, but different.

You began to push through the crowds of people trying to get to the voice.

"Les?!" you shouted aloud.

"Sally?!" You heard the voice say. You kept looking through the crowds of people finally seeing a familiar figure. You ran up to him and he dropped his papers, running to meet you. He picked you up and spun you around.

"Les! I've missed you so much." You say as he puts you down.

"Sally, I haven't spent a day without thinking about you." Les says grabbing your hand and kissing you knuckles.