Chapter Fifteen

"who are we clapping for"? Annanse came out of room with a towel over his head. "Katari"! Melange said. "His roll shifted"? Annanse asked. "Yes"! She replied. "What's the score"? Annanse asked. "Ninety seven by twenty nine". She replied. "Man that's unfair. Thirty would have given him first place"! Annanse added. Katari bowed to the audience and walked out. The claps didn't stop till he went through the exit. Even after that the claps were heard in the backstage. It stopped only after the host announced the interval. His trembling self lay down on the corridor. Tears rolled down his checks. "Amazing. You beat Annanse too"! Melange said.

"No. I didn't. It's the professionals who judge. He won again"! Katari said. He gave a slight laugh. But I am not a useless brat, am I ? "Well done friend"! Annanse said. "People love you more than anyone and they are who we play for hence you should be glad"! He added. "Right"! Katari said wiping his tears. "This is all for today. You'll get to play tomorrow I am guessing". Annanse said looking at Melange. "Right! But it wasn't a waste to come here. My number shifted. Also I could hear some really best piano pieces". She said.

"True". Katari said. "Oh yeah. I have to tell Taya about this"! Annanse said and stood up. "I'll go give her a call". He added. They watched him leave. Melange sat down too next to the wall. Katari was still on the floor but wasn't crying anymore. "Say, all this we did to reach till here. Was it even worth"? Katari asked. "Say, katari. Wanna play for the last time"? Melange asked. Last? But I didn't win even once and if I lose I won't know what your secret is. Why last? Why?

"He is thinking so much about a fly sized game"? Maria said to herself. "Well we'll be busy after this since we'll be chosen for tours and everything"! She said smiling. So confident right? Katari smiled too. He sat up. "well then cheers to our success by playing for the last time"! Katari added. "Yeah"! Melange laughed. They lifted their hands in the air. "Stone! Paper! Scissors"! And finally! Katari won! He kept staring. Paper and stone! He won finally. Though just a game he felt like he was on the clouds. "I WON FINALLY! How'd you like that, Melange"?

She started laughing. "Oh yes. Sorry"! Katari said. His face turned red. "I don't remember the last time we spend such an amazing time together". She said. "Yeah. Me neither"! Katari nodded. After winning this I don't know why I feel like we were actually pretty close. Maria smiled too after reading his thoughts. "But the bet was that you'd tell me a thing"? Katari asked. "Yes. The thing... Maria! Come on out"! Melange said. "Maria? Who's that"? Katari asked. "She..... Is Maria"! Melange said pointing to the faded mist in mid air that was forming flowing from her purse.

"Huh? Spirit"? Katari asked. "No. She's a magical creature". Melange replied. "Princess Maria". She added. Katari started laughing. What? Seeing me did he go crazy? Anyone would have by the way but I think he just lost it. Maria thought. He continued to laugh. Melange was scared now. "Katari"? She hesitated. He stopped laughing. "Funny it is. Sally. Come one out"! From the side pocket of the coat of his black suit came out another mist like lady. "She is lady Sally. Maria's shadow apparently"! Katari said and gave a slight laugh but then controlled himself. "Wha -" Melange was shocked.

"Funny right"? Katari asked. "What a coincidence. You're the other guy? This was so unpredictable". Melange sat back. "So you were there here the entire time and searched like crazy for someone who had powers". Melange gave a slight laugh too. "Now we can save them"! Melange added. "Yes"! Katari nodded. Thank you Melange. Don't know why but just thank you. Oh yeah. This is my own head. You can't hear me. "So when does it start"? Katari asked. "Today midnight"! She replied. "What"? Katari sat up. "No. What about your play"? He asked. She looked up. "I was too late right"?

"Yes. I was so happy after seeing my own score that I started trembling"! Annanse said. "Oh! I am proud of you A. I wish I could have been there"! Taya said. "Jennie misses you too"! She added. "Huh! Though we only just met". Annanse said. "Yes well"! Taya laughed. "But whatever it is all the best to you on your second play"! Annanse said. "Thank you so much. I hope we meet soon"! Taya said. "We will". Annanse assured. They cut the call together. Nice! Annanse thought. It was going to Taya's second play since the day she left.

(Times Square)
"And let it flow....let ... It ... Flow"! The song ended. Rachel bowed to the audience. She left the stage but audience wanted more. ' encore! Encore '! They kept screaming till the host signalled them to stop. Rachel was so happy. When she entered back stage she noticed her colleagues were busy watching something on their phones but as soon as they saw Rachel they ran towards her and congratulated. It was amazing how she sang. "You're goddess of songs"! One of her colleagues said. "Oh no. But thank you so much"! Rachel blushed. "What were you guys watching anyway"?

"Oh. The piano competition live"! One of the girls said. "Live"? Rachel peeped in too. "No we just saw the results because you immersed us in your singing with yourself. But that being said. That famous child pianist, Annanse got whole thirty points from the judges and ninety five from the public. Katari Nezuke got twenty nine from the judges and ninety seven from the public. There are others but these are the ones who scored the highest". The girl said. Rachel gave a deep breath. Everyone is doing great? Right! You all ought to do great. All the best to you too Melange!