Chapter Ten

Melange decided to enjoy the time she had and make the most of it. She decided the amusement as their first venue, first outing since second grade. "Shade up girl"! Melange said ok her phone. The next house, the room on the first floor. Rachel pulled the blinds up. "What's it Melange"? Rachel asked beaming. It sure had been long since they ever spoke like this. "Yes lily. I was thinking about a day in the amusement park... Well if you are free"? Melange said. "Lily"? Rachel stood up almost falling out of her window. "Yes! Careful there. It's been long right". Melange smiled.

"Pretty long rose". Rachel said. "Now, now. Don't push it Rachel honey". Melange said lifting her brows. "So tomorrow right"? Rachel asked. "Yes"! Melange replied. "Well then. Taya is free too. We all can go". Rachel blushed. "Yes yes alright". Melange smiled. "Then shade down"! Rachel said on her phone. "Yes alright". Melange replied and cut the call. "All of us"? Melange turned towards Maria. "Not bad, I see"? Maria said. "No. I guess". Melange said. "It sure has been long since you ever spend time with your friends. Also you can apologise to katari. By the way what is that game you play with him"? Maria said.

"Oh scissors"? Melange asked. "Right but why"? Maria asked. "Well because I really want to tell him something". She replied.

(Scene: Rachel's home)
"Hey Taya! Melange has planned a day in the amusement park. All of us friends together". Rachel said on her phone. "Oh my gosh! Really? Melange is inviting. Oh it's been so long since we enjoyed like this". Taya replied. "Yes. So you are coming right"? Rachel asked. "Off course. I'll call up Teiki-kun, katari-san and Annanse too". Taya said giggling. "Yes okay. Don't giggle girl". Rachel said. They continued having a little chat on call.

(Scene: Melange's home)
"WHAT"? Maria screamed. "YOU WILL TELL HIM WHAT"? She pulled Melange's collar. "Oh calm. Yes I will tell him. After all I know him since second grade". She replied. Maria let go of her collar. Melange's eyes were sparkling. She really was serious. "I want him to win the game just once. Just once". Melange said. "You know he doesn't like you"! Maria said with her eyes widened. "Yes I know. You tell me everyday. You can read minds right"? Melange asked. "Yes and he isn't even interested to know your secret anymore". Maria said.

"No problem. I still will". Melange's eyes softened. "Tell him..". She completed. "You are pathetic Melange. Don't be a goody two shoes or struggle for friends like this". Maria said. Melange arranged her sheets. "I always have Maria". She said and went on to arrange her bed. The night went by peacefully. It was morning soon. Melange was up by four in the morning excited about the day she was going spend with her friends by her side. Her phone rang. It was Rachel. "Shade up girl"! She said on the phone.

"Alright". Melange said and with the phone held in her left palm she pulled up the blinds. The collar of the left side of her pink shirt was slipped towards the corner of her left shoulder. Her hair slipped behind her and she looked lousy too. After all it was just fifteen minutes past four. "So what should I wear"? Rachel asked. Melange smiled. She rested her head on the window sill on her hands which were folded on the sill. She placed the phone on her right ear and it rested there. "Well that dress you wore during Beth's birthday (Beth was their classmate in seventh grade) ". She said.

"Oh yeah. That's a good idea". Rachel smiled. It really had been too long for them to miss these times so much. It was clear from how they talked on call selecting dresses and deciding hairstyles. It was almost half past five when Melange picked up her handbag and switched off the lights of her room. Maria slipped into her bag. Her phone rang up again. It was Katari. "H - hello"? Melange hesitated. "What are you stammering for"? That wasn't katari's voice. Who was it? Taya? "Taya"? Melange said confused. "You have your own mobile right"? She asked. "Yes but battery's dead and Teiki-kun and katari-san came to pick me up so I used his phone". Taya explained. "Oh. Right. What is it"? Melange asked. "Oh well where are you? We are standing outside your house"! Taya yelled. "Yes. Just there". Melange replied. She locked her door. "Hello friends"! Melange waved at them. Annanse smiled. He liked the way Melange was trying to change back. "Hello Katari"! She said. Why me specially? "Yes well hello". He replied. This boy is so mean to Melange yet Melange plans to tell him that. Not worthy. Not worthy. Maria thought.

"So the bus will be there". Taya said and they all walked towards the bus stand. It took them five hours to reach the amusement park. They had their lunch during the break in between, when the bus halted. "Oh my". Taya said and took a long breath in. She looked all around. "I will start with the screaming ones". She said. "Who's coming with me"? She asked. "I'll come"! Melange said. Annanse nodded his head too. "I'll pass". Katari said. Well he was afraid he might fall so he avoided such rides.

In the bag, Maria giggled. She could hear his mind so. Melange, Taya and Annanse waited in the line. Katari stood next to the ride. He promised to record it. Rachel and Teiki went to the giant boat ride near by. It was finally their turn. Melange sat in front of Annanse. He and Taya sat together. The ride began and so did the screams. The person who screamed the most was Melange. Her voice was so loud even Teiki and Rachel could hear it. That girl. If she couldn't handle it why did she go? Katari thought.

He recorded it anyway. After all the rides they went on they decided to have dinner in the restaurant near by. "I'll go with boiled tofu". Rachel said looking sleepy. "Yes okay. I'll take stew". Taya said. They had their dinner, it was almost half past nine. Melange was very happy. It was really amazing. They tried to go on every ride, had Ice cream on the park bench, played games and saw the cartoon mascot parade. She never looked so happy before. Why are you so happy Melange... Katari thought. He stopped thinking actually. But he was always thinking opposite of what he says.

They climbed in the bus. Taya, Rachel, Teiki and Annanse were so exhausted that they dozed off. "Hey Melange"! Katari called out to her. "Yes"? Her soft eyes turned towards him. "You don't want to play scissors today"? He asked. "Well yes I do I do". Melange nodded really hard. And as usual he lost. "I'll have to literally practice this game now". Katari laughed saying so. Melange smiled too. I don't know why. You are always so pathetic and irritate my life out of me. You are always sad and depressed but today, I just felt like your tune shone again.