Chapter Twelve

Taya started packing her bag. Katari played so amazing that it immediately inspired her. Well that's hard to happen. "Taya"? There was soft voice outside the door. Annanse's voice. "Coming"! Taya opened the front door the very next minute. "Hey Annanse"! She smiled at him. "Yeah. So you are really going, right"? He asked. "Yes well..." She replied. That was a vague way of asking though. "So you are going to go back to violin, right"? He asked. "Yes". She replied. "Thank goodness. You suck at piano". He said. "Huh. I did that...". Annanse broke in before she could complete.

"For me. Right"? He said. "Yes. Well I heard you didn't like coaching and you wanted to play and everything so". She said. "I know. I realised. But that wasn't necessary. Leaving the two girls of the three whom I coach, the third one is just too dedicated. She loves playing the piano. Semi. Her name. She is always practicing hard so I decided I'd help her as much as I can". He explained. "Oh. I apologise then". Taya said and went back to her packing. "What's that"? Annanse asked seeing the frame she was holding. "It's the picture we took in the carnival. I framed it". She replied.

"Oh". He said. Expressionless. He was like that anyways. Katari was like him too just that the past few days he'd started smiling and enjoying the tiny bit that life has to offer. "It's always been like this. right Taya"? Annanse finally decided to break the silence. "Like what"? She asked. "One person getting inspired by the other or something similar". He replied. "Like me inspired by you"? She asked continuing her packing. "Huh"? Annanse looked at her stuffing in all of their memories. Those things and photos. "I thought..." He started.

"It was always you. Never anyone else. I was just waiting for you to come back to what you like. That is all". She said. "I see. But you went too overboard". He said. "Overboard"? Taya asked continuing to pack her things. "Yes well. Playing an instrument you have no idea about, being a musician it is going overboard". Annanse explained. "Well I did play violin in the carnival". She said while pressing the front of the bag trying to fit her things in it. "Yes and with such a sudden shift from piano to violin for a day it didn't sound anything like it used to". He said.

"I don't cry for something that has already happened. I lost the piano competition but I have no regrets. I don't mind failing if it's for a friend. I am going to the violin path anyway, right"? She said. "Yes. All the best"! Annanse wished her luck. She grabbed her suitcase, put on her coat, slipped her phone in her pocket, locked the front door and waited for the driver who would drive her to the airport. You are going to France, Taya. You'll miss us right? His thoughts swirled.

A car stopped just nearby. "If it isn't lady Taya"! Someone said in a scarf and googles. She was wearing a long, brown overcoat. "Uh...". Taya couldn't make out who it was. "Jennie in your service lady Taya"! She said removing her googles. "Sensei Jennie"! Taya said and went rushing towards the girl. "Not Sensei yet. We are friends right, lady Taya". Jennie said. "You...." Taya hugged her. "Yes. I'll come with you lady Taya. If it's fine with you". Jennie said. "Yes it's all fine. Off course you can come. I'll be glad if you did". Taya said smiling.

"Thank you lady Taya". Jennie said and looked around. Annanse was standing there confused. "OH MY GOD. IF IT ISN'T MASTER ANNANSE"! She squeezed her face in behind her hands. "Do I look good lady Taya". She said turning her back towards Annanse. "Yes. Don't embarrass me Jennie Sensei". Taya looked at Annanse. He looked back at her. She raised her hands folded at ninety degrees from the sides and twisted her head gesturing 'I don't know'. Yes you don't. He thought. Jennie rushed towards Annanse. "It's such a coincidence that we meet here, master Annanse". Jennie beamed red. "Well I am here to drop Taya Chan....er......I mean your lady Taya". He corrected himself.

"Drop lady Taya"? Her expressions twisted. "Yes". Annanse nodded. Taya hit her hand on her head. Sheesh! I am dead meat. She thought. "Are you her friend or something"? Jennie asked. "Yeah". He nodded. "Since when"? She asked. "Childhood. Since when we were five". He replied. "Oh. (She walked up to Taya) so master Annanse is your friend lady Taya"? Jennie asked with her brows raised. "I apologise"! Taya bowed. Annanse didn't understand a thing going on. "I'll deal with you later lady Taya. First I need master Annanse's autograph". She said beaming.

(Rachel's place)
"Done"! Rachel said with a heavy breath out. "Honey you shouldn't pack up all those party wear". Her mother said looking at the thickness of the luggage. "Don't worry. Plus a singer needs costumes after all". She said beaming. "Yes but"... Her mother was cut by the sound of the door bell. "Someone's come. I'll see mother. Can you please book a cab till then"? She hugged her mother. "Yes sure". Her mother replied. Rachel opened the door. "Teiki-kun"! Rachel exclaimed. Her eyes wide open. "I arrived first".

His face was all wet. Infact his clothes were all wet too. It was raining heavily early in the morning. "Oh you are soaked wet"! Rachel said. "Yeah. I forgot to get my umbrella. My guess was it won't rain till eight in the morning but the clouds just won't listen right". He said wiping his arms using his handkerchief. "Right. I'll get you a towel". She said and ran indoors. "Come in please". She said while running on the hallway. He stepped in. Rachel showed herself with a white silk towel in her hands. She passed it on to Teiki.

"Thank you". He said. "It's fine" she said. They talked for a while till her mother called out for her. "Honey I just got Taya's call. She says she'll pick you up so I cancelled the cab booking". Her mother yelled from the other room. "Yes fine with me, mother". Rachel said. Few minutes later Melange, Katari, Annanse and Taya showed up with a cab. It took them an hour to reach the airport. Rachel and Taya waved goodbye to their friends. They vowed to meet again back then in Rachel's house. "I'll be leaving too". Teiki said. "Yes sure". Katari nodded. Teiki walked towards the other side of the port. He was going to Greece. "Everyone is going back to what they did earlier". Annanse said. "I've decided"! Melange looked up in the sky.