Chapter Thirteen

"are you sure Melange"? Maria asked. "Yeah"! She said tying her hair in a ponytail. "I'll make the most of my life". She said. "But playing in the events though you know it won't last...it's all my fault. I am so sorry, Melange". Maria's voice pressed. "No no. It's my fault if you see. I should have never felt playing in the first place". Melange said smiling. Maria didn't speak anymore. Her phone rang. "Hey Rachel! How's it going"? Melange asked. "Yes. Going good. I booked a room in a hotel near times Square". Rachel said. "Oh amazing"! Melange said.

Rachel: yes. Thank you. How about you? What are you doing?
Melange: I have decided to play piano again like I used to.
Rachel: what? Oh my gosh! That's big news. I wish I could talk more and be there in fact but I really need to go now, so sorry.
Melange could hear a women's voice calling out her name. "I understand. Bye". Melange said and cut the call. "My friends have all started a new life. Katari who suffered the same pathetic tortures of life like me has started climbing new stairs. I see there's no point in regretting anymore. I'll move on too". Melange said. Her words were firm.

"Yeah! Do that. I would wanna see that happy Melange that you were right years ago from now". Maria said. "Thank you Maria. If I wouldn't have met you I would never have tasted the togetherness that life has to offer". Melange smiled. "Don't say things like that. You'll make me cry". Maria's eyes filled with water. "Oh no. Don't worry. It'll be fine"! Melange said. She packed up her bag and went downstairs. Picking up the keys she signalled Maria to enter into her handbag immediately.

She locked the front door and waited for the cab she had booked.

(Annanse's place)
"You really are something Semi. Now just relax your fingers and gently touch the keys. Don't be rough, alright"? Annanse said. "Yes sir okay". Semi said nodding her head. Her spirit's just off hands. "Sensei? Can I ask you something"? Semi looked up at him. "Yes"? Annanse asked polishing the piano keys. "Are you playing again because you want someone to be happy"? She asked. "Yeah". He smiled. "Girl"? She asked. "Yeah"! He replied. "Close"? She asked. "Now now. What's with the investigation little girl"? Annanse laughed.

"I am sorry teacher. I didn't mean to hurt". She said. "It's okay". He said. "So... Close"? She asked. "Yeah well. We met when we were five". He said. "Oh gosh. I have a friend like that too". Semi lit up. "Really"? He asked. "Yeah. His name is Kori. He and I met when we were two years old. There are two more boys though. But they aren't that close to me". Semi said. "Oh. Who are they"? He asked. "Well their names are Carl and Zen". She replied. "From that I remembered. I never asked you about your school". Annanse said.

"Yeah? I study in KIAS". Semi smiled. "Really? That's where I study too". Annanse smiled back at her. "Oh then you must know my friends". She lit up again. "Especially the Kori guy. Football champ"? He said.  "Yes"! Semi replied. "Amazing that we study in the same school". She added. "Pretty much. But you can take off now". Annanse said. "Thank you teacher". Semi said smiling. "Yes. Plus I won't be able to teach you anymore. I'll be leaving for my concert tomorrow". He said. "Yes I know. This year it's not in Tokyo. All the best Sensei. I'll be watching". Semi said and bowed to him.

He picked up his luggage and left for the station. Melange was waiting there too. Katari came too after half past nine (pm). "So ready everyone"? Melange raised her right hand and clenched her fingers together. "Yes"! Annanse raised his hand too. Katari raised his hand too but didn't say a thing. "Yes so let's go"! Melange smiled. They walked towards the train station. "Osaka. Here we come"! Melange said firmly. You're way too excited. Someone like you who left playing years ago will not be able to get it easily....

"This guy..." Maria said to herself.
...but I know you're unique and that you'll do better than me at least. I expect that from my idol. He smiled to himself. "Listen guys. What are the numbers alloted"? Katari finally spoke (he speaks a lot in his head though). "Oh yeah. Mine's 12". Annanse said. "And mine's 31" Melange added. "Mine is 23". Katari said. "So me first then you and then Melange, right"? Annanse said to Katari. "Yes". He said. "I'll be last, Huh". Melange smiled. "Good. I'll give you a good show boys". She said raising her brows.

"We expect no less, Melange". Katari said with his lips twisted. Annanse smiled. This was becoming fun likewise. "I am not losing in the likes of any of you". Annanse added. "Yeah. I like the sound of that". Katari said. "It's amazing to have a word with your rival before a big event. We are lucky ones you know". Melange said. "Yeah. Are we not". Katari added. "By the way, how about the game"? Melange asked. They played and you guys can guess what happened. He lost off course. "Damn myself"! He laughed. Annanse didn't understand and felt left but dared not to ask.

The Nozomi took almost three hours to reach the Shin-Osaka station. "Here we are". Melange said stretching herself. It was twelve at midnight when they reached the hotel they were to stay in. "Tomorrow will be the big day for the three of us". Melange said. "And none of us will let our guards down". Annanse said. "Because we'll give them and ourselves a good show". Katari added. They walked in the hotel and checked in. The room was big. It had three beds and three desks and chairs. A huge front table and a soft cushioned big and long chair. There was a dining table too next to the wall window. The blinds were down. There was white embroidered clothing on the dinning table and there was a plate of chocolates laid on the cloth. Near by were three glasses of grape wine and a smaller plate with cupcakes.

"We're the kings here". Annanse said with his eyes wide open.