Chapter Six

~ Bleeding Silver ~
~ Chapter 6 ~

Dedicated to:

Don’t forget to mention your fav quote of the chapter at the end and to add any witty little lines you’d like to see in the future!!

~ Not Edited ~

The sun shone in through the opened curtains and cast a glow over the room as its rays bounced off the golden surfaces of the furniture scattered throughout the chambers, the beams of the suns unforgiving rays pierced through the black curtain that drapped over the bed, concealed the two lovers from sight, hidden within the comforting confines of the risen bed and each other’s arms.

Their peaceful slumber was interrupted by a loud knock on the door.

Loki chuckled and peered through his lids, heavy with sleep, at his fiancé as she shot up in bed, alert as her eyes darted around the room before locating the source of the disturbance and slumping back down beside him with a groan, pushing him towards the edge of the bed as a sign for him to answer the door.

After a failed attempt to snuggle his way back into her arms, he scratched his bare chest with a grumble as he rose from the bed to answer the calls of the impatient person that stood behind the door.

The young maid froze with a blush on her cheeks and a fist hanging in midair to knock yet again as the door swung open to reveal the disgraced prince in nothing but a pair of black mortal boxer briefs.

“Th-the King requests yo-your presence in the Throne room immediately and he requests that you come al-lone.” The stuttering and blushing maid scurried off before Loki even had a chance to dismiss her.

With a quick glance back at the sleeping face of his beloved, a green shimmer coated his skin, his boxers being replaced by his armor as he exited his chambers and made his way to the Throne room.

“Frigga has informed me of your predicament. You of all people should know that I have no desire to interfere with the lives of mortals.” Odin spoke as soon as the doors closed behind Loki and stressed the last word with no emotion and an almost dismissive air. “Both my sons have fallen victim to the charms of Midgards women and as a result, one has turned his back on his family, his throne and his people whilst the other has disowned me as his father and looks upon me with such hatred, so why, pray tell, should I allow you and your mistress to gallivant across the realms?” By the end of his speech, Odin stood before Loki at the bottom of the stairs that lead to the throne.

“She is not my mistress!” Loki hissed, taking a threatening step forward with each word. “Do not lay blame upon the only woman beside Frigga whom has ever truly loved and cared for me! The woman who offered her own life to save your wife, to save me! You should thank her for righting your wrongs! You are weak! Silver holds more strength, loyalty and honor in one finger than you have in your entire being so do not look upon her as though she is scum for loving and caring for her family in a way you never could!”

Silence fell over the Throne room as the two men stared each other down for a long moment before Odin decided to speak, his words a mere whisper. “I am proud to call you my son.”

“Wh-what?” Loki stuttered with bewilderment and wide eyes, he couldn’t remember the last time he had heard those words fall from Odin’s lips let alone them being directed at him.

“In your youth you were such a greedy young boy but now, you have grown into the man your mother raised you to be, a man whom is willing to put those he loves before his own selfish desires, a man I am honor to call my son, a man fit to be a king.” Odin’s hands rested on Loki’s shoulders, a single tear falling from his eye before he stepped back, placing his hands by his side and clearing his throat. “I will allow you to reside on Midgard with Lady Silver for as long as her father sees fit but you both must follow his every wish and command.”