Chapter four

~ Bleeding Silver ~
~ Chapter 4 ~

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Dedicated to:

~ Not Edited ~

“The compound has been hit.” Ward fumed as he approached Garrett. “Raina and Quinn took off and Silver escaped. What are my orders?”

“Silver won’t go far and as for your orders? That’s up to you son.”

“Wake up!” Ward was quickly losing his patience with Garrett. “What do you need me to do John?”

“You’ve already done it.” John grinned with a crazed glint in his eye as his phone began to ring.

“Hi John.” Skye gritted her teeth. “Just calling to catch up.”

“Skye? You sound different on the phone.” Garrett winked at Ward. “Huskier.”

“Aren’t you curious as to why I’m calling from your solider control center?”

“No, I’m not too concerned.” He shrugged even though she couldn’t see him. “You see, if anyone except the assigned handler gives a directive to my men, well boom.”

“Darn it.” Skye faked defeat. “Coulson didn’t think of that. You out smarted us again.”

“Phil’s around? Great, we actually have a lot to talk about. Oh and I wanted you to know, your scientist friends were brave until their last breath.”

“Raina told me how special Skye is.” Garrett whispered to Ward as he ended the call. “I know you’ve seen that from the start. You want orders? Get her.”

“Thank you.”

“Hey, ho friends, the enemy approaches.” The noise maker screeched. “Careful now or they will win the day.”

“Check the perimeter.” Deathlok followed Garrett’s order.

“Hi John.” Coulson’s fist collided with Garrett’s cheek as he turned around.

“Hi Phil.” Garrett plowed his fist into Phil’s stomach, sending him flying through the air.

“Well, that’s new.” Phil groaned as he crawled towards his gun only to look up with dread as two feet appeared either side of the weapon. “Sir?” He gasped in surprise as he looked up at his supposedly dead Director.

“You don’t have to call me Sir.” Fury gestured to his clothes. “Look at me Coulson; I’m dressed like I live under a bridge.”

“What are you doing here?”

“Simmons tuned me into the old tracker Fitz left on your Bus.” They glanced behind them as gun fire sounded. “I went to great pains to make sure you didn’t die the first time.”

“Well, now’s probably not the best time but ,” He pulled himself up off the floor with a groan. “I’d like to have a lengthy conversation with you about that, it might get loud.”

“I owe you that but right now we owe Garrett a punch in the teeth wouldn’t you say?” Fury produced a large gun from behind his back. “This packs a pretty good punch.”

“I know what it does.” Phil fired up the Destroyer gun that he had used on Loki in New York just before he died.

He moved to step out of hiding only to be cut off by a forming wall of ice that separated him from Garrett.

“Ah, the Baby Coulson has returned.” Garrett grinned as ice continued to cover the walls but Silver was nowhere in sight. “I knew you wouldn’t go far with your beloved Phil nearby.”