Chapter five

~ Bleeding Silver ~
~ Chapter 5 ~

Dedicated to:

~ Not Edited ~

The spark of attraction that had ignited that fateful day at the crater in New Mexico had been just the beginning, leading up to this day that would hopefully lead to an even greater day of celebration in the near future if everything goes according to plan.

Silver twirled in front of the floor length mirror in Frigga’s chambers, examining the gown Frigga had forced her into.

The whole kingdom was gathered in the grand hall, Frigga believed that a party was in order to celebrate Silver's first year on Asgard.

She was faltered by the fuss being made over her but had declined, not wanting to be a bother but Frigga was having none of it.

"You look gorgeous dear." Frigga gushed, tears gathering in her eyes a long side an unmistakable gleam of mischief that rivaled Loki’s as she hugged the woman she had come to see as a daughter.

"Come now dear, we don't want to be late." She looped her arm through Silver's, excited to get the celebrations under way.

The grand hall erupted in cheers as the Queen and once mortal woman crossed the threshold.

Loki strutted over with his head held high and bowed before Silver, offering his hand. "May I have the first dance?"

Silver declined as there was no music playing. "Plus this isn't a wedding Loki." She chuckled softly as music began to play.

A nervous smile pulled at Loki’s lips as he shuffled on the spot and glanced to Frigga over Silver’s shoulder for help.

Fandral strode over with purpose and offered his hand to Silver, throwing a smirk at Loki.

Silver looked between the two men before her, already knowing her decision on who to dance with.
She smiled at Fandral and placed a delicate hand on his shoulder. He grinned with triumph at Loki's crestfallen expression.

Placing a friendly kiss on Fandral cheek, she withdrew from his embrace confusing the two men.
"I'm sorry Fandral." She stated simply, ceasing a stunned Loki’s hand and disappearing within the crowd of dancing couples.

“I thought?" He trailed off as Silver's arms draped over his shoulders.

"I will always choose you." She rose slightly on her toes and placed a gentle kiss on Loki’s lips.

With his confidence reinstated he twirled her before drawing her in close.

"You look stunning my dear." He smiled down at her lovingly as Silver threw her head back in laughter.

She teased him endlessly for his overuse of the endearment.

He sighed in pure bliss as he rested his forehead against hers. Silver brought out the best in him and made him the man he thought he could never be.

He had denied his feeling at first, afraid to look weak in the eyes of others until Frigga made him realized that he couldn't imagine his life without her.

The music slowed to a standstill as his eyes met Frigga's and he steeled himself for what was to come.

Silver's eyebrows pulled together as all the halls occupants gathered around the couple, eyes filled with anticipation and joy.