Old Friends..

Love Jones:

"What you got for me Lana ?" I spoke into the phone to one of my workers. "We got em. We makin' progress boss." She replied. "Speak to me." I said as I waited for her to fill me in. "Ok, me and sassy was posted like the plan. He pulled up and started questioning us and shit. We ain't tell him nothin yet, but he'll be back. It's all falling into place." I nodded my head and smirked a bit. Not that Alana could see it though. "Good girls... Book anybody ?" I asked. "Business was slow. Right now we the new kids on the block. Sooner or later though, they gon know what's up." Alana spoke. "Aight well let's make this shit happen then. Imma send y'all back again and y'all do ya thing until that nigga had enough.... And when that time comes, you tell that nigga to answer to me. Till then, stay on ya toes babe." I replied. "I got you boss."

I hung up the phone and threw it across my bed. I sat down and organized everything in my head and planned out what I had already done and what I still had left to do. We already split they keys 'Lok gave us and the girls were good on the plan to expand my empire. All I had left was to go to the strip and see what my money was looking like over there. Unfortunately it was Thursday so I wouldn't get to meet the new recruits but I'd still get to see how my money was looking. Tonight the strip was a club and I was expecting a good crowd. Not that anything special was going down but.... I'm diamond, I run the city.

"Love !" I heard Armani call out. "Nigga don't be screamin' my government like you was my damn father !" I yelled back. He entered my room and sat on my bed where I was. "Do I need to show you why my name is daddy again ?" He looked at me. "Shut your ugly ass up, your name ain't Lloyd Jones so you ain't my father." I laughed. Before I knew it Armani had tackled me onto the bed and was hovering on top of me. "You love challenging muhfuckas with yo stubborn ass don't you ?" He smiled. I bit my lip and nodded my head. He started unbuttoning my pants and I let him. "Wait, where's your sister ?" I asked. "Man don't worry 'bout her lil crusty ass. She gone." He said dismissing the topic. "Aye don't be callin' her crusty, that's my fuckin' sister." I laughed and thumped him on his arm. He pulled off my pants and then did the same with my underwear.

Armani and i's relationship is a bit complicated. I love him... But I'm not in love with him and vice versa. Just like Imani is his sister, so am I. But it's just he's fine as hell and no man can resist Diamond so this is what we came up with. He's like my best friend. It's different from me and Imani though. I've always had a bad bitch mentality but Armani taught me how to think like a nigga, which is really important in this game. He helped me to become even more of a boss than I was before. And on the other hand he just so happens to fuck my brains out here and there. Lord knows I don't fuck with none of these fuck boys out here. No man is on my level. The way I look at it, hell I'm my own man. But Armani.... He's there. He's at the top with me. And I will always love him for it.

----------

Armani parked the car in the back of the strip while Imani and I made some final adjustments in the back. "Perfection is key." I said while adding one last layer of lipstick to my lips. "Red lips to match these red bottoms hun." Imani smirked. "Will y'all come on ? Damn. It took y'all an hour to get ready at the house and now y'all still ain't done ?" Armani whined as he got out of the car. "Mani shut up, you actin' like a bitch." Imani rolled her eyes as I laughed. "You ain't too cute to get ya ass beat Imani, keep playin' with me."

We finally got out of the car and entered the building through the back. There was no point in entering through the front just to show off. I know I'm the shit and so does everyone else. That's how niggas start slipping. They get too big headed and get caught all wide open looking stupid. I learned to let my work speak for itself. We all made our way up some stairs to a big room surrounded with windows. I like to call these the sky boxes. There are two, one to the left and the right just across from each other. These are the REAL vip sections. You can see everything from this room.

"The queen is in the building huh ?" Isaiah spoke. He was the person I let handle the strip and all of its assets... Along with Armani, just in case Isaiah ever tried to do some slick shit. "I'm glad you know." I smiled and walked over to hug him. "Good business tonight." He said. "Is that a surprise? Come on now." I joked with him. He went over to Imani and hugged her before kissing her on her cheek. "Aye nigga, keep that shit to a minimum." Armani spoke up. "Mannn, fuck you." He laughed and came back over to me. "So, let's forget all the small talk. I already know what you're here for. The months total came out to be a little more than last month, which I'm sure you don't mind. We already put the money in the safe and now sweetie all your work is done. All you got left is to enjoy the scenery." He said looking around at my work. "And the new recruits ?" I replied. "How many ?" "Four. Four fine ass biddies that will be bringin' in even more money than before. China, Velvet, Cookie, and Frenchie." Imani started busting out laughing. "Frenchie? What the fuck is a Frenchie ?" She continued laughing. "I agree, who the hell gave her that name. We gotta get rid of that shit Isaiah." I added. "Look, I thought the same damn thing but when you meet her...you'll understand." Isaiah grinned.

After discussing business I sent Isaiah back down stairs to the rest of the club. Not long after, a bartender came up and handed me a bottle. "This is from the gentleman in the vip section downstairs. The regular vip section." She said turning my attention to look down stairs out of the window across the club scene in my vip rooms that I made available for everyone. I looked through the glass expecting the bartender to have to point the man out but out of all the available sections there was only one occupied. "Why is there only one occupied vip section ?" I said in a more serious tone. "Ma'am he bought out all of them..." The bartender replied. "I looked down and there was a group of people, but one in particular was holding up a bottle as if he were about to toast with me from across the room. He was looking directly at the sky box. "Who is he ?" I said raising my eyebrow to the bartender. "The only thing he told me was that he's been wanting to do business with you... He wants to talk..." She said. "He buys me a drink in my own club and wants to talk about business..." I said grabbing the bottle. It was silent for a moment. No one knew what to say. "...send him in. Better yet, he wants to talk so I'll go to him myself." I stated. The bartender started walking downstairs and Armani, me, and Imani followed behind her. We walked around the crowded floor and made our way to the vip room that he was in. The guard let me in and we all entered the room to see a group of niggas and a couple of females sitting on the couches and swaying to the music. A guy stood up and made his way to us. "Well lookey here. The infamous Diamond has graced me with her appearance." The man said as he came closer. "Well I had to see who was bold enough to...." I was caught off guard by what I had seen. The man... He was... Enzo.......