Survival of the Fittest

Love Jones

After a few hours of turning up with the boys I called Armani and Imani to get my car and come pick me up because if I would've left it up to Zo I would've had to spend the night on his damn couch. Lord knows I wasn't having that. Besides I really just wanted to go back to my kingdom... My home. Enough shit had already happened and I didn't need any excuse for nothing else to pop up so I got the hell out of dodge. I said my goodbyes to everyone and within a few minutes Armani and Imani were outside. Armani in his car and Imani in mine.

I got in the passenger seat and let out a sigh of relief. "You not drivin ?" Imani asked. I closed my eyes and nodded my head no. "Are you ok ?" I could feel her looking at me. I opened my eyes to look at Imani. "Just drive." I managed out. Imani pulled out of the driveway and followed Armani to the highway. "He knows." I sighed after a few minutes. She looked over at me confused and then repeated my exact words but in question form. I nodded and waited for her to catch on. She was silent for a second but as if it was on cue her face dropped and she realized what I had just said. "He knows ?!" She half screamed. "Not Zo but... Chris. He knows who I am. He's liable to tell Zo anytime though.... If he hasn't already." I explained. "How the fuck does he know ??" "I don't know, I just know that he knows. He fuckin cornered me in the bathroom earlier. I thought I was gone have to pull some shit out my ass to escape but thank god I didn't." I started.

"What the fuck are you doin Love ?" He pushed me against the door and locked it. My mind was racing and I was already trying to figure out how I would shake this nigga. Speaking of shaking, I was starting to feel myself tremble a bit. But I had to get that under control real quick. Can't no nigga put fear in my heart. "Who sent you here !?" He asked me. My first instinct was to act dumb like I didn't know anything. "What the fuck are you talkin about ! Nobody fuckin sent me. He came to me !" I yelled in his face. I wasn't lying though. I work for me and only me so nobody sent me, and Zo pursued this partnership not me, so everything I had said at this point was actually the truth. He put his hand around my mouth. I guess I was too loud for his liking. He laughed at me. "I don't know why they can't see it, but I do. Love motha fuckin Jones. It's been years..." He chuckled to himself and shook his head as if he was reminiscing but it took a left turn very fast. He pressed up against me harder and then continued his sentence. "So why the fuck would you come back now huh ? Especially as Diamond. They checked ya story... You're who you say you are. Queen of the west end. Problem is, you never told em you've known us since the 10th grade. That's a big piece of the puzzle if you ask me." He spoke as he uncovered my mouth. My first thought was to punch that nigga in his jaw and make a run for it but then I thought about it. This was Chris I was looking at. I know him. I KNOW him, know him. No matter how bad he was trying to intimidate me, I knew he wouldn't hurt me. And I wanted him to know that I knew. "I don't have to tell you shit. You wouldn't dare hurt me, Chris." I mugged him. "You right, you don't have to tell me shit.." He shrugged his shoulders. "But when it comes to them niggas out there at that table..... I kill for them. Regardless." He matched the mug that I was giving him. "Imma warn you right now. Imma let you slide cus I know you... We all do. But I also know muh fuckas change and on me if you slip up in the slightest way yo ass is grass." He got in my face. "Understood?.... 'Diamond'." He said putting emphasis on Diamond. We were a few inches apart. I looked him dead in his eyes and then let out a cold hearted "fuck you !" He chuckled at me at then bagged away so I could have room to turn around and exit. I turned and unlocked the door but before I left I turned back around. "Oh. Lemme tell you this. My nigga you put yo mutha fuckin hands on me again in ANY type of way that's yo ass. I ain't gotta worry bout calling nobody to do it for me cus imma handle it my damn self. Let that be a mutha fuckin lesson right now." I looked him dead in his eyes. Before he could say anything I turned back to the door and opened. I straightened myself up and dusted myself off and when I looked up, I found John looking at me. He had just walked up to the bathroom while I was walking out. I stopped abruptly because I was caught off guard but before he got the chance to ask questions I started to walk back to the booth. I didn't even have to pee any more.