Madea's Big Happy Family

Love Jones

I sat in the car and waited patiently. My leg was shaking but I knew I had to contain my poise. On the inside I wanted to go in there and beat that bitch ass niggas ass but... I was 'Queen' here so I had to keep calm. I looked down at my phone and decided to text Imani. I told her I just got done jawing a nigga. 5 seconds later she's calling me. "Yo where the fuck you at ? I'm comin to get you." Armani said through the phone. "How did you get Imani's phone ?" Tae and Enzo finally hopped in the car. "Love don't play with me right now." Armani warned. "Iight mani chill, I'm good. Lil nigga got to runnin his mouth and talkin crazy so I shut him up... It's cool. Zo and his boys was there, they had me." I explained. "Yeah make sure you tell yo niggas we had you." Tae butted in. "Oh 'Zo' ?" Armani mocked me. "Since when you givin niggas nicknames ? I guess y'all cool like that huh ?" Armani said sarcastically. He didn't know that I knew Enzo... But still he was actually right. It came out so naturally because that's what I was used to calling him but it's not the same circumstance. I thought quick and finally came back with a response. "Well shit you want me to call that nigga 'King' like everybody else do ? Like he bigger than me or some shit ? And plus, I'm not everybody else, I'm not callin him that shit." I spoke back. "Man are you ok or not ? Before I have to add some bodies to the list." He spoke. "I told you already I'm good bruh. Chill."

I finally convinced Armani that I didn't need him and got off the phone. We were still in the parking lot for some reason. "You paralyzed all of a sudden nigga ? Ya feet don't work ?" I asked while looking at Enzo from the rear view mirror. He smiled and flashed his grill. "That's funny. Do you have an off button or you just come straight off the dome like that all day ?" He replied. I rolled my eyes and started playing in my hair. "Actually if you would chill out and be patient for a minute you'd see that I'm waiting on everybody else to come out. They had to handle that little.... Situation." I smiled. "Glad you trust my judgement." "Hate to burst your bubble sweetheart but we already knew. I just wanted to see if you could put two and two together and what your mind set was like." He looked up at me through the mirror. My smile turned into a frown. "This was a test ? See, now I should beat both y'all asses." "Whats that shit you said earlier ? Somethin like 'You expect me to go in blind ?' Or somethin like that." Zo mocked me. I was pissed but I couldn't help but laugh to myself. It felt good to be reunited with Zo. He's everything I remember and more.

The rest of the boys finally came out of the warehouse and Enzo whistled them over to the car. They talked about Que and then Zo told them to meet us at some place that I didn't hear the name of and then the boys all went back to their cars. "Part two of today's adventures begins." Zo put the car in drive. "Part two ? What is this another test ? Look, I got an empire to run, just take me back to my car." I spoke. "Man stop complainin. Just sit yo lil pretty ass back and enjoy the ride Diamond." Tae spoke out. "Ya know, I feel like I still got alotta pent up aggression from that bitch ass nigga at the warehouse so if you feelin lucky keep on tryin me nigga." I directed my attention towards Tae. "You can feel that way. Just know I ain't Que. That's why I'm here and he not in the first place." Tae got cocky. I leaned forward and looked at Zo. "You gon take me back to my car or what ?" "Hell nah, we got work to do. I told you we still got plans. I got you Diamond just sit back and relax." Zo explained. I exhaled sharply. "You know this is kidnapping right ?" "Nigga this ain't no damn kidnapping. I don't see no kids in this car. Plus, we ain't puttin nobody in harms way." Tae jumped in. "You tryna make this money ?" Zo asked me. "What ?" I was confused. "Nigga is you tryna get this money ?!" He asked again. "Yeah..." "That's what I thought, me too. That bein said you gon have to come up with some kind of trust or somethin cus this partnership so far is a piece of shit." I sat back in the seat and looked at Zo through the rear view mirror again. His eyes were genuine and his facial expression was serious. "Iight man.... I hear you." I spoke out. I sat back and thought about how I would be trying to avoid acting like Zo and I were best friends.... Because we weren't. We were, once upon a time but that's long gone. I don't know when I'm going to reveal everything to him or if I even will at all... But for now I have to keep a straight face and a cold shoulder.