6 - New Friend

MADISON

While looking at files, I saw something quite impressive. It's a plan with another company named Nolan Enterprises. It must be with that Alfred Nolan.

I guess this is not going to be a bad start, I should try speaking with him. It can't be that bad since we have spoken before.

"Good morning l, Ma'am I am Miranda and I am going to be your assistant." a woman said to me. Well, now I have an assistant which is great.

"Oh, Miranda did you work for Mrs. Newman before?" I asked her.

"Yes, I worked for her for two years." she said. We talked and talked since I am trying to know what style did Mrs. Newman used in convincing partners in a project.

"So, Mrs. Newman. Who do you want me to contact?" she asked. I'm still not used to the fact that I am now the Mrs. Newman.

"Contact Nolan Enterprises, say that I would like to speak to them." I said to her.

"Yes, ma'am" Miranda said. She left my temporary office. I hope things will work out with the Nolans.

Just a few minutes, Miranda returned.

"Mrs. Newman, Mr. Nolan agreed to meet you today." she said.

"Today?" I said. I can't believe it's going to be today, I thought it will be tomorrow or the next day.

"Yes ma'am, he said he wants to speak with you at the Italian restaurant nearby by 2 pm" she said.

"Oh, will I come alone?" I asked her.

"The late Mrs. Newman comes alone." she said.

"I thought she talks with people in her office, or their office." I said.

"Not always ma'am, it depends on the person she's trying to get" she replied.

By 1:30 pm, I decided to leave the office. And while I was walking out, I texted Charles to inform him of what I will do.

Me:
Hey, I'm going to meet with a prospect. I'll be in the nearby Italian restaurant.

I'll tell you how it goes. Love you xxx

I walked slowly, because I am not excited for this. To be honest I'm nervous about what will happen.

I entered the restaurant and chose the perfect table next to the window where I can see if he is coming in already.

I started thinking of words to say. Trying to practice every word, not to stutter or look unsure.

Finally, he arrived. All those girls inside the restaurant started looking at him. I won't hide the fact that he is totally gorgeous. Alfred Nolan waves and smiles at me like we were friends. I supposed we are because he is friends with my husband.

"I am glad that you agreed to talk with me." I said to him as he sat down.

"It's nothing,I like to see you too" he said. What? He likes to see me?

I began focusing the topic to the companies.

"As you know we have prepared a plan that will be an economic advantage in both your company and ours...." I said.

"Let's not talk about that." he said. What is he trying to say.

"So how are you?" he asked. I need to be really nice, maybe after all this small talks I can ask him if he agrees with the plan.

"I feel much better. I don't care that much with what people say anymore." I replied to him.

"That's great. You should never give a fuck about them." he said.

We started talking and talking. And it feels good to tell things I can say to Charles. It was like a therapy session where he just let me talk.

We ordered food and continued getting to know each other. It was great to speak someone who doesn't know me and my past. I feel normal speaking with people who don't judge me by whatever I did.

"Well, you are friends with my husband so please don't tell anyone about the things that I said." I said to him.

"Of course," he replied.

"So about the plan, do you agree with it?" I asked him.

"Yes, I've read your company's proposal earlier and I can say that it's great. I am very glad to work with you." he said.

"Thank you, this is my very first day at Elmyra. And you made my first day easier." I said to him.

"I'm glad to help. And please, if there's anything you need, don't bother to tell me." he said.

"Thank you." I replied.

"You look very much like Helen." he said.

"Yes, she's actually my sister." I replied.

"Oh, yes. That explains why you look very much alike." he said.

"I heard what happened to her. She's my friend too and I'm really sad about her passing." he said.

"Well, I should go 'cause it's getting late." I said to him we both stand.

"Yes" he replied and we walked together going out of the restaurant. I slipped, then he caught me with his arms. I landed on his chest. 

"Oh, thank you." I said to him. His hands were touching my butt almost and I removed his hands. I didn't say anything about him touching it, I know it's an accident because I almost slipped.

"I should go, this way." I said then I left him, not looking back at all.