13 - Feel Secure

Madison's POV

We held a funeral for Relina. I just want it to be a simple one, a quiet one where everything will be just about her.

"Two funerals this year." It's a familiar voice of a woman. I turned around and saw Camilla.

I didn't say a word, I don't like to argue with her.

"Mommy, where will Relina go?" Artie asked. He is such a sweet little kid.

"Relina is with Grandma now, they're both in heaven." I replied to him.

"Alec and I will miss her." he said. I hugged him. "Me too, I will miss her." I said.

----------

We headed home after the funeral. I put Alec and Artie to sleep.

Charles is talking to someone on the phone for so many times today. He seems busy about something.

"Charles" I called him.

"I will see you." he said to the person on the line and ended the call.

"Hey" he said.

"Who are you talking to?" I asked.

"It's our new bodyguards, we need to be safer than ever" he replied.

"But I thought, won't be like others" I said.

"It's not safe anymore Madison. You will have two bodyguards, a man and a woman. The kids will have two body for each of them. And also one for Camilla." he replied.

Wow, I have to bodyguards.

"I'm safe at work, I don't need them at work" I replied.

"You will no longer work at Elmyra, I'd like you to stay with our kids." he said. I love staying with our kids, but I worry too about him.

"Charles, who will take over my position?" I asked him.

"Heather will fill in. She needs a distraction, she's also good at business." he replied.

I didn't answer. It was like I felt so jealous.

"Madison, you don't have to worry about anything. Heather and I are good friends." he assured me.

"Okay fine." I replied. I kissed him.

"Do you wanna?" he asked and he started winking. I laughed, it was funny for him to do that.

"I have a headache" I said laughing. But he carried me to the bed and made love.

---------------

After hours, I woke up with only the duvet to cover me. I wore my robe and went out of out bedroom. I saw the police officers leaving and talking to Charles and my Mom.

I went downstairs the moment the police left.

"Why are they here?" I asked them.

"They wanted to hear your mother's side." Charles said.

Then I heard Alec crying.

"I'll go to him" Mom said as she rushed ro the stairs.

"Thanks Mom" I replied to her.

Charles and I remained and I sat down to our couch.

"What did she say" I asked him.

"She said Joe had been talking to someone on the phone for at least 2 weeks before he attempted to rob." Charles said.

"Are they going to look for that person he's been talking." I said.

"Your mother also said Jow started talking about leaving and going to Hawaii. Joe sounded really hungry for money." he continued.

"Maybe someone pushed him to commit such act." I replied.

"It seems like it." Charles said.

------------
That evening, the bodyguards arrived.

"Madison, this is Martin and Lola they will be your bodyguards. This is Lou and Max for Alec and Artie and your Mom" Charles said.

"Good evening Mrs. Newman" they said.

"Good evening" I replied then smiled to all of them.

"They will be staying at the guesthouse for awhile." Charles said.

"Thank you Sir and Ma'am" Martin said.

---------------

Charles and I proceeded to go to our kids' room. Alec and Artie are sleeping.

"Don't worry, you won't be with the bodyguards if I am home already. " he said.

"What about you" I asked him.

"I don't need one. What matters is you and our kids" he replied.

"But...." he stopped me and kissed me.

"I love you Madison, I don't want you to be hurt." He said. I embraced him tight. I just wish this moment won't end.