24 - Welcome Aboard

MADISON'S POV

Charles and I are both preparing to attend the party. I just finished taking a shower and now I am drying my hair. I hope everything that I will to my face will turn out to be good, since I didn't ask for a make up artist or even a stylist.

"You look more beautiful, pregnancy suits you well" Charles complemented. 

"Well, thank you for lifting my spirit. That's very nice of you darling" I said to him. 

"You should be pregnant more often" he teased. I laughed at him. 

"It's not easy, I think you should try to be pregnant too" I said back to him. 

He laughed. "Should we say to everyone that we are expecting? Tonight?" Charles asked. 

"Let's just see how this night will turn out, if it's boring us, then let's steal the show and tell everybody about it" I said. 

Charles laughed again. "We should, let's tell them so every attention will be drawn to us" he teased. 

"Is Camilla and Luke going too?" I asked him. 

"Camilla and I haven't spoken in awhile, and I didn't see Luke this morning at Elmyra" Charles replied. He started being silent, I know how he feels. He feels sad about Camilla. 

"I'm just afraid Camilla might say something if we tell people that I'm pregnant." I said to him. 

"Then let's not tell, let's just surprise them once your baby bump is showing" Charles gave a smile. 

"And we should do a gender reveal party, I saw videos and it's fun" I said to him. 

"Yeah, Garland's wife did that and they used an airplane." Charles said. 

"I just want a cake or balloon, just all the important people in our life with us" I said to him. 

"Then a cake and a balloon then" he replied then kissed my temple. 

"I will just talk to the security, do you want to see Lola?" he asked. 

"Yes, I need some help up here" I said to him. 

Charles left. And I started to put make up on. Lola arrived soon and helped me choosing color. I didn't think she will be this good. 

"How did you know about all this about makeup?" I asked her. 

"I just look at some fancy women I see in parties we tend to work" she replied. 

I looked at her black dress, it looks simple, but it suits her well. 

"I love your look, I think you will meet someone tonight" I teased.

"I'm married" she said. I didn't know she's married. 

"Really?" I said sounded surprised. 

"My husband works for the FBI. We've been married for four years now" she said. 

"Do you see him all the time?" I asked her. 

"No, we just see each other when we have the time. We are both busy" she replied. 

"Do you have kids?" I asked her. 

"It was in our plan, but we still don't have" she replied. 

"I'm pregnant" I said to her. 

"Oh congratulations" she said. 

"It's still our secret, we haven't told anyone outside our home. We wanted to tell it tonight with the rest of the people at the party, but we're still thinking about it" I said to her. 

---------------

After an hour, Charles and I are finally ready. 

I heard Alec is crying so I rushed in his room. My mom is carrying him and he seems to be hungry. 

"ma ma" he cried. 

I kissed him on the cheek and caressed his back. 

"mama will be back soon" I said to him. 

"I will take care of everything here. Go have fun with Charles" My mom said. 

"Thank you Mom" I said then I kissed her cheek. 

Charles got inside the room and said goodbye to our little boy. 

"We will be home tonight, thank you Mom" Charles said. 

We left the room together and proceeded downstairs. The security is already there, and also Lola. 

-----------------------

After a long drive, we arrived at Milford. There so many guests that arrived already. We entered the big yacht and saw familiar rich faces. 

I looked at my back and saw Lola and the rest of he security team. 

"Don't look at them. They must not be noticed as our security" Charles said. 

"Why?" I asked him. 

"It will be an insult to Alfred if we brought our own security. It may seem like we don't trust him." Charles said. 

"We really don't" I replied. He smiled, we both smiled about that joke. 

-----------------------

The man wearing a blue suit had seen the arrival of  Charles and Madison Newman. He watches them walk with that smile on their faces. 

He was waiting for this moment.