22 - His Fear

MADISON'S POV

It is Sunday, my mom will be heading to church. 

"Madison, aren't you coming?" she asked. 

I really want to go to church again, it's just that I can't bare to hear people talk about me. 

I know it is a sin to not go to church, but the people inside the church are to be questioned. They are not speaking with me, and looks at me like a trash. 

"It is not the same church that we used to go to." My mom said. She knows that I am worried about the people. 

"Where do you go?" I asked her. 

"Come with me and you will know" she said. I cannot say no to her. 

Good thing, Charles is home to take care of the kids. 

"Charles..." I said. He is sitting on the chair inside our room and reading. 

"Yes?" he said. He is gorgeous even in simple clothes. 

"I am going to church with mom" I said to him. 

"But you don't like to go there anymore, right?" he asked. 

"It's a different church. My mom is taking me to  different church." I said to him. 

he smiled at me. "Go on, I will take care of our children" he said. 

"Thank you" I said to him and kissed him. 

"You should come too" I said to him. He just smiled and I went inside our big closet and changed with a Sunday dress. 

-------------

After taking a cab, my Mom and I finally arrived to the church. 

"This is far" I said to her. It is a small white chapel and many people are around. 

"It is, but look at the people. They came from different parts of Connecticut to be here" she replied. 

"I am nervous" I said to her. 

"You don't have to, no one will know you" she replied. She held my hand and we walked inside the church. 

I heard the choir sing worship songs, I just focused with everything, the details, and the prayers. 

--------------

It is about an hour when Madison and her mother left their home to go to church. Someone knocked on the door. Charles rushed to the door to open it. It was a surprise to see the Police Officers from Joe's case. 

"Good morning Mr. Newman, sorry to bother you. I am Detective Henry Whanch, more than a month ago. " The Police said. 

"Yes, I remember. Come in" Charles replied. 

They sat on the living room. 

"So is there anything that we need to know?" Charles asked. 

"Someone entered your mother's home yesterday evening" he said. Charles didn't know what to say. 

No one ever stayed in his mother's home where she also died. It remained locked since Charles and Camilla are not talking about it. 

"How did you know?" Charles asked. 

"Your neighbor called they heard someone broke a window. The cops thought it was just made by kids, but when we got took a good look at it this morning, it seems like someone broke in"  the detective continued. 

"We have some suspicion that it might be connected to you mother's death." The detective continued. 

"And what about Joe's case" Charles asked. 

"We are still figuring out if  your mother's case and Joe's case is connected." the Detective replied. 

"Do you have anyone to suspect with all these?" the Detective asked. 

Charles can't answer. The only one he can't stop thinking about is Alfred Nolan. 

"The only person that I can think of is Alfred Nolan. Everything just happened as the time that he came to work with me" Charles replied. 

"We will look into it, Mr. Newman" The Detective replied. 

"Thank you" Charles replied. The detective nodded and proceeded to leave. 

Charles started to feel unsafe again. The person behind all the tragic things are still out there and will ruin everything that he has. 

He hopes that everything will be fine, now that Madison is pregnant again. 

----------------

Madison and her Mom arrived later on. 

Charles can see to Madison's face that she is happy. He can't tell her the news that came awhile ago, he can't ruin this day for her. 

"Charles! I met new people. They are all nice. You should come with us to church next Sunday" Madison said to him. 

"I will" Charles replied.

He smiled, but behind that smile is fear, fear that everything will fall apart again.