28 - Bitter End

Madison's POV

As the life boat moves away, I can clearly see the burning yacht and all these men jumping towards the water. 

"We need to be quick!" the gentleman leading our boat spoke. 

"What do you think caused that fire?" a lady beside me asked. I just listened to every word they are speaking. Some speculated that the engines are in trouble, but others don't believe that. 

"It must be intentional" someone spoke. 

Where can my husband be? Where is he? I need him now. 

When we reached the dock, all of the people inside me hurried to leave the life boat. 

"I will be returning to get the others" the gentleman spoke. 

"Sir, will you please look for Charles Newman, he is my husband" I told him. 

"I'll do what I can" he responded. 

He left. And I started to pray, pray that my husband and all the part of our security team will return safe and sound. 

Then I started to feel unwell. 

"Miss are you alright?" a woman asked me. 

----------------------

When I woke up, I am already at the hospital. 

I looked around, but no one is there. 

Then a nurse arrived. "Good morning, Mrs. Newman" she greeted. 

"Have you seen Mr. Newman?" I asked her. 

"I heard about him last night, but I will go check" she said. 

She goes out of my room after checking my vital signs. I hope she will find my husband. 

I waited for about an hour before she returned. 

"Miss Julie, have you seen him?" I asked her. 

"I looked everywhere in the hospital, they don't have anyone that is a Newman" she said. I started crying. Where can he be?

"Don't cry Mrs. Newman, maybe Mr. Newman's in another hospital" she said. 

"Could you check for him please" I said to her.

"Yes I will" she replied. 

 ---------------------

I fell asleep again, it has been quite a day and I have no one here with me. 

Then Lola appears. She looks well. 

"Mrs. Newman" she greeted. 

"Lola, where is he?" I asked her. 

"We didn't find her ma'am. We tried to go in there." she said. I am crying, really in tears. 

"But we saw Alfred Nolan ma'am, he was unconscious last night" Lola said. 

"Did he wake up now? Could you please ask him where the hell is my husband?" I said to her. 

"We are waiting for him to wake up, but his doctor said that it might take a while for him to wake up or he might never wake up" Lola said. 

I continued crying. 

I know Alfred knows where my husband is. The only person to know what happened to Charles is lying asleep somewhere. 

------------------

That afternoon, my mother, together with my children visited me to the hospital. 

"I talked to the doctor, you will be discharged later. You just need to rest for the baby" she said. 

"Mommy, where's daddy?" Artie asked. I cannot give him an answer. 

"Daddy's at work" I just told him. 

"Alec seems to be growing fast" I told my mother. 

"Yes he is" my mother replied as she kiss my forehead. 

"Let me take care of the children, you take your time to rest sweetie" she says. 

"Mommy, when is daddy coming home?" Artie asked. 

"He will be home soon honey" I told him. 

Luke arrives in my room. His left hand is covered with gauze. 

"Madison, thank God you're okay" Luke said. 

"What happened to you?" I asked him. 

"I got burned, but it's going to be fine" he replied. 

"Where is Charles?" he then asked. 

I cannot give him an answer. 

"Daddy's at work" Artie responded to Luke's question. I just looked at him without saying an answer. 

I think Luke already gets it.

"I'll look for him" Luke said and waved goodbye.

-----------------------------

Days passed after the devastating fire of Ramiese, the largest yacht in the east. 

In the waters not so far to where it burned, the 48-year-old boat owner of a smaller yacht, sailed. 

As looking at the sea, he notices a man wearing white floating close to him.

The police arrived at the scene to retrieve the already unrecognizable body of the man. The skin starts to break down after continuous immersion in water of a few days. 

----------------------------

This is the end of The Billionaire's Wife. 

Book 3 of our Billionaire Trilogy will be out August 23, 2021