The house

"Thanks for making my breakfast." I say as i stab my fork into a piece of sausage.

"It's the least I could do with you letting me live here." He says smiling as he takes a sip of his coffe.

"I like having you here. You keep me warm at night." I say poping the sausage into my mouth.

"Oh is that all I'm good for?" He says chuckling.

"Maybe. That and a few other things." I say winking at him as i take a sip of my orange juice. "Have you talked to the judge and the social worker recently?"

"I went for my appointment a couple of days ago." He says vagly as he takes a bit out of the banana he was holding.

"And? What did she say? Do we get to spend another weekend with the kids?" I ask.

"No."

"Why not? You have done everything she has asked of you." I say sitting up and placing my arms on the table.

"Not everything."

"What haven't you done?"

"The house. I haven't been back since that night."

"Opie, that was over a couple of months ago!"

"I can't do it. I can't go through her stuff and get rid of it. It feels wrong." He says as a tear rolls down his check and lands in his beard.

"Opie, I'll be right there with you. You don't have to throw away everything. You just have to get rid of some of the things that are not needed anymore. I'll be right there, don't worry." I say looking into his saddened eyes. "Plus we have to clean. There was lots of dust last time i was there. "

"Ok, I'll clean the house but you are going to have to stay with me the entire time."

"I wouldn't dare leave you." I say smiling at him. "Did they say you had to sell it?" I ask as i take my plate and cup to the sink.

"Social worker said it would be good for me and the kids to either clean the place up or sell it. " He explains looking out the window that is behind the seat i was sitting in. "Why?" He asks turning around in his seat to look at me.

"I was thinking if we got it cleaned up and you got the kids back it would be a nice place for all of us to say." I say picking at a button on my shirt.

"Are you telling me that you want to move in with me?" He ask standing up and walk over to me. He places his finger under my chin and lifts my face so he could see my eyes.

"I mean we are already pretty much living together but I wouldn't mind having a bigger place when you get the kids." I say looking into his eyes with his finger under my chin.

"It's going to be hard to stay there after Donna but it is already paid for and at least her memory will be with me and the kids." Opie says with sadness clouding his eyes.

"She will always be with you Opie. She will be right here." I say placing my hand on his bared tattooed chest where his heart is. "The kids will always have her memories. I may not have know her but the way you talk about her she was an amazing person and mother."

~~

Opie let's out a sigh as he puts my car into park in the driveway of his house. I can tell he doesn't want to do this but he does want his kids. "Are you ok to do this?" I ask as i take his hand into mine. "If your not ok with this today we can come back another time."

"No," he says with a sigh, "I need to do this for me, for the kids, and for us." He says looking out the windshield at the closed garage.

"Ok, I'll grab the boxes, trash bags, and cleaning supplies and meet you inside."

"I can't go in without you..." He trails off as we step out of the car.

"It's ok, I will go with you. I just have to get the stuff out of the car." I say opening the trunk and grab out a bucket holding all my cleaning supplies and the folded up boxes. He walks around the car and I take his hand as we walk toward the house. He takes a deep breath as he unlocks the door.

"Let's do this." He says as he opens the door. I follow him through and start to open the curtain.

"Where do you want to start?" I ask placing the bucket on the coffee table and the boxes on the couch.

"I think I would be better in here cleaning and dusting while you clean the closet out because I wouldn't be able to do it." He says leaning against the counter in the kitchen.

"Is there anything you want to keep from there that is hers?" I ask picking up the boxes.

"Cloths and shoes can go to charity. The purfume, lotions, and hair products can go in the trash. Jewelry needs to be bagged up for Ellie." He says fidgeting with his beanie.

"Ok, I'll leave the cleaning products in here and I'll be in the bedroom if you need me. The guys should be here soon to move the furniture out." I tell him while i walk toward the bedroom. I walk into the dark room and find the window. I open the curtain and the window to let some fresh air in. I place the boxes on the bed and pick up one and fold it. As i place it on the floor i open the small closet door to reveal the cloths of a small woman. I start to place shirt and pants into the box in the floor. As i clean all the cloths out i start to pull boxes off the shelf and out of the bottom and go through them. The first couple of boxes have some more cloths so I just place them to the side to give away. As i open a small shoe box i find pictures of a young couple, i could tell that the young man was Opie in a few and there were some of the guy at the club, the other i had no idea who they were. I smile and sit the box on the big bed and move onto the next tub. As i open it i gasp. In the box was a older white dress thay had turned a light shade of yellow. I pull it out and lay it on the bed next to the box of pictures with some important documents I found in the same tub.

"Hey babe, you have been in here for a while do you want me to go get something to eat-" Opie says as he walks into the he bedroom and stops dead in his tracks when he sees the dress laying on the bed.

"Are you ok? I ask him as i placed some other cloths into a box.

"Where did you find that?" He asks pointing to the dress.

"It was in a tub in the bottom of the closet." I explain.

"That was Donna's wedding dress." I states as he slowly walked toward the dress.

"I thought it looked like a wedding dress. I figured it was important that's why I laid it with the box of pictures and those documents." I tell him as i watch him trace the lace on the front of the dress barley touching it with his finger tips.

"I haven't seen this dress since our wedding night." He says sitting down on the bed next to the dress

"I'm going to pack it up with the picture and some other thing I found." I tell him as i walk over to him.

"This dress reminds me of so many good memories."

"There are more good memories to come as we get the kids and move in." I say warping my arms around his neck.

"Your right." He says looking up at me.

"I'm not going to tell you it's time to move on because I know it is hard for you to move back into this house after that." I say looking down at him.

"It's time for me to start living my life and not be scared to do something." He says taking in a deep breath.

"I will put the dress and jewelery and other nick nacks that I find in boxes for Ellie. I would really like your help, if you would like to help." I say watching his eyes.

"I would really like that. I finished cleaning the living room and kitchen."

"Great. I have finished the closet. Clothes that are going to be given to charity go in these boxes." I say pointing to the boxes on the floor. "Ellie and Kenny's things will go on the bed until I put them in a box. Trash will go into the bags and taken out later."

"Let's do this." He says as he kisses me softly on the lips.

__________________________________

~Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoy my story! Don't forget to vote, comment, follow, and share!!